The Associate Creative Director serves as a versatile design resource for the studio, operating as a primary ideator and executor of client creative deliverables. The ideal candidate will produce fresh, innovative work that translates complex ideas into clear and motivating creative strategies and compelling visual and digital experiences—while ensuring their creative deliverables meet project objectives. Work will focus on tactical content asset design and client-facing ideation, but may also include occasional studio pitch work and branding suites for new and emerging business opportunities. This role can be performed remotely, but general availability 9–5 CST is preferred.
• Serve as the senior design voice on assigned client projects, seeking to elevate our approach to each asset and push the boundaries on our clients’ current standards while maintaining and adhering to clients’ brand story and guidelines. Assets will include:
• Internal/external partner and employee communication emails
• Web page design, including optimization and net-new page wireframes and design development
• Standard comms and marketing collaterals (static PDFs, e-books, white papers)
• Video, primarily in concepting and strategic alignment
• Integrated marketing campaigns, including some or all of the assets listed above
• Participate in brainstorming sessions with studio and client teams, maintaining strategic and creative thinking to develop innovative and actionable creative initiatives
• Occasionally participate in studio’s new business efforts, including pitch ideation, presentation deck design, and mock creative
Qualities we’re searching for:
• Expert knowledge of design software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Power Point
• Skilled and confident presenting creative work during internal and client-facing meetings and presentations
• Strategic thinker, skilled at explaining the strategic reasoning behind creative and articulating how creative solutions ladder back to business goals and content strategy
• Creative thinker, able to envision ideas big and small across a variety of formats and craft core ideas that evolve into impactful content
• Understanding of project management and familiarity with work management platforms, e.g. JIRA, Teamwork, Smartsheets
• Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office 365 and cloud document management, e.g. OneDrive, SharePoint
• 5+ years of related experience in creative development in integrated content across various marketing channels required
• UI/UX work as part of in-house of agency setting preferred
• A flexible remote work structure – With opportunities to work from an office environment if that’s how you prefer to work
• Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
• 401(k) retirement plan
• HSA program
• Basic life coverage
• Unlimited vacation policy – With structures in place to ensure folks actually take time away!
About Johnnie Studio:
We’re not an agency. We’re not an algorithm. We’re explorers, focused on bringing human ingenuity and the spirit of emotional exploration back to the greater content ecosystem. We are writers and speakers, videographers and designers, journalists and journeyists.
Johnnie is a specialty content studio, small by design to best serve some of the largest organizations in the world. Our content expertise stretches across five primary disciplines — content strategy, writing, audio, video, and design. We specialize in the complex, dealing with intricate B2B content needs and embedding with our client partners to both understand their ecosystem and the assets it needs to accomplish their macro and micro objectives. We want two things for Johnnie: To provide an incredible place to work for our teammates, and to provide incredible work for our partners. We’re looking for a creative director that feels just as passionately about both.
Posted 1 month agoApply for this job
Is your resume getting lost in the pile? Get a free resume review and put your best foot forward!Upgrade your resume