😌 About not less but better
not less but better is a smart companion for healthy phone use. We're building a deep tech enabled app that empowers phone users to make healthy phone use decisions. We do this by combining network technology, machine learning and cognitive behavioral therapy to help smartphone over-users feel in control again.
We're on a mission to make healthy technology use accessible. We're a team of psychologists, engineers and designers who want to contribute to a world where technology is aligned to all the things that are important to us. This is the human approach to a human problem, closing the intention-behavior-gap for tens of millions of phone users worldwide.
Tens of thousands of people already use our iOS app. All over the world. And we're just getting started.
We're proudly backed by impact-driven business angels. They started category-defining companies like N26, Blinkist and mysugr. Together, we're working towards creating large societal impact at scale. 🌍
🏳️🌈 We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. With diversity, we are not less but better.
🎨 The Role
With your UX hat on, you'll help design a completely new product experience. We’re moving from a content only app to a smart assistant that is activated when users get lost in their phones. To make this shift, you'll work closely with our research-driven content team. You'll build a practical component library, enabling user research and rapid prototyping with mockups for new exercises and features.
You'll own all our visual design experiences. You'll develop a beautiful and thoughtful visual experiences that is in line with our brand, constantly extending the visual product and brand experience on both the app and website.
You’ll apply the design system to build visual specifications to our development team. Working closely with our CTO and development team to re-iterate the implementation of your designs in the app.
You'll own all of our design assets in Figma. We've loosely defined a practical style guide and a first iteration of a design system with a little component library in Figma. We still have some historic assets in Sketch, but are mostly moving to Figma for enhanced collaboration with visual content creators and to make design wider accessible to the whole team. You'll step in here, take ownership, increase consistency and reusability.
Your first project: a new product demo. Together with the founding team, you’ll build a first screen prototype of the smart assistant.
✨ About You
- You are the ideal candidate if you are a good team player with a positive attitude and a strong desire to create an awesome product. You are able to work independently and efficiently, as well as work well with others in a team. You are a person who is open to feedback and accepting of critique. You are a team player who is looking to make an impact.
- You do not need a degree. However a strong understanding of the fundamentals is required. We do believe in life-long learning and see a journey driven by curiosity and self-educated learning as a strong indicator.
You'll bring:A strong portfolio in user interface design for mobile consumer products with a solid understanding of brand design and user experience design.
- Ideally you have already contributed to shipping one or more consumer-facing apps in the Apple AppStore and on Google Play. You understand the look and feel of iOS and Android and know their UI guidelines.
- You are fluent in Figma. You take pride in working tidily and using components, so that assets can be easily exported and design changes can be centrally applied without having to touch every layer. You facilitate your workflows by using plugins. You guide the team on how to give feedback and mock up own ideas.
- Bonus: you know a fair bit about interactive design and can work with animations.
🏡 The Fit
nlbb is the right place for you if...
- You believe that effective work is made possible by clear and honest communication, with a shared understanding of long-term vision and immediate next actions.
- You thrive in a purpose-driven remote setting.
- You have a product-oriented mentality combining thoughtfulness with pragmatism and the will to get stuff done.
- You work autonomously and are willing to take ownership.
- You are not sweating the details and are putting high attention to the little things, to build gorgeous-looking, accessible apps beyond the happy path.
🎁 Our Benefits
- Healthy work-life balance: We're working in mental health. We walk the talk by focusing on our health first.
- Competitive compensation packages, including meaningful employee stock options
- Full-time contract with 28 vacation days p.a.
- Remote culture & flexible working hours
- Small, interdisciplinary core team, valuing diversity and inclusiveness
- Build a product that will help people all over the world and solve the problems faced by the young generations.
- A working environment based on well-being, openness and optimism.
Please mention that you come from WorkForThem
when applying for this job.