Senior Front-end Software Engineer
Looking for a company where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you'll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you'll form part of a work culture that's been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 25 years ago? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact? If so, we'd love to talk to you.
Every day, millions of users sell and ship their wares using eBay. Our team supports this varied community by building shipping products around the globe, helping individual sellers and small businesses to meet the growing expectations of online buyers. We are a product-first team who move fast and stay curious. Join us to make an impact on one of the world's largest e-commerce websites.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Agile: Test-Driven Development, collaboration and continuous delivery are your preferred engineering practices. We take the best bits of Lean, Scrum and Kanban too.
- Architecture: In a large scale distributed web-application, you choose the right tool for the job at hand. You know when to break something out into a new component and the best way to wire it in, when to go with the simplest fit into the current system and when to rethink the existing approach.
- Experience: You have 4+ years of experience working at a high level, confident working on a range of languages and frameworks and are happy to pick up new ones. You like working on established technology stacks as well as continuously changing platforms.
WHAT WE BRING:
- Rewarding technical challenges - fixing eCommerce delivery requires solving difficult technical problems: building unified shipping platforms for diverse customers, iterating fast while providing the best customer experience, constantly improving our technology while dealing with the eBay volume is what we do best.
- Wonderful, bright, air-conditioned offices in Shoreditch, with bike racks (and shower!), right next to Liverpool St and Shoreditch High Street stations for super easy commuting, and lots of great food options nearby.
- Great company culture - we have a culture of respect and high expectations of others. We love sharing a drink during our Friday All Hands, play board games and enjoy free lunch on our demo day.
- Flexible working - really great support for working from home (we've got good video conferencing facilities) and a great holiday package.
- Competitive salary and generous benefits.
WHAT YOU'LL DO/LEARN:
- You will be a member of one of eBay's Shipping agile teams. You will work across the full development cycle, from helping to define the roadmap to deploying and monitoring your work in production.
- You'll mainly be working with React on our front-end clients, including TypeScript, Webpack, CSS Modules, Less, and Sass. A willingness to do occasional work on our back-end systems (written in Node.js, Java, and Kotlin) is a bonus.
- Apply TDD/BDD and other agile practices on all the code you deliver.
- Constantly improve quality: refactoring code, proposing new tools and changing processes.
- Pair with team members and collaborate with remote teams to share knowledge and give/get constant feedback.
- Previous experience on mature agile teams delivering continuously is preferred.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether youre single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isnt just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBays Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible. Jobs posted with location as "Remote - United States (Excludes CO, HI, NM)" excludes Colorado, Hawaii and New Mexico.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Posted 1 week agoApply for this job
Is your resume getting lost in the pile? Get a free resume review and put your best foot forward!Upgrade your resume