Backend / Devops Software Engineer
Boston, MA, USA Remote
Join Edmit’s mission-driven team if you are passionate about helping high school students make smarter college and career choices. Our product is free to high schools and families thanks to partnerships with financial institutions and other mission-aligned organizations. We won best startup at SXSW EDU and have helped over 1 million families.
We are hiring a backend/devops engineer to deliver new features to customers at a rapid pace and to maintain and grow our cloud infrastructure. You'll contribute to and review user stories, requirements, and design documents and ship great code. We're reimagining the way people evaluate one of the most important financial decisions they'll make in their lifetime and are building an engineering team where every team member has true individual ownership and responsibilities over projects.
Our engineering team has a commitment to:
- Curiosity and passion for the craft of software engineering
- Open discussion and feedback both with engineering colleagues and across functions
- Efficient and effective execution
- Ownership, accountability, measurement
- Ownership of devops strategy and infrastructure. Make recommendations and implement improvements based on current usage and future demand
- Development of backend features with an emphasis on quality, performance and maintainability
- Management of upgrades to development tools and platforms, such as Kotlin, Postgres and Kubernetes
- Maintenance of data engineering pipeline
- Focus on development team process improvements
- 5+ years’ experience in high performing teams; demonstrated experience with engineering best practices and exposure to the concepts of lean startup development
- Exposure to security concepts, best practices and policies for cloud-based deployments
- Understanding of database design and implementation
- A passion for consumer technology businesses and experience or demonstrated interest in higher education or fintech
- Candidates should exemplify each of our company values
- Familiarity with our tech stack (or related technologies) is preferred:
- Frontend: TypeScript, React, Redux, Gatsby
- Backend: Kotlin, Postgres, GraphQL
- Infrastructure: Docker, Kubernetes, dbt
We are a distributed team headquartered in Boston, with team members across the country. Our culture allows flexibility as to when, where and how you work best.
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k benefits
- Unlimited PTO
Your application has been successfully submitted.