Who you are:
A veteran frontend developer who has extensive experience working on production React / VueJS applications who’s passionate about creating magical user experiences. You relish assuming broad responsibility and being given wide autonomy to execute.
What you’ll do:
You will be responsible for maintaining, building & iterating the user facing responsive VueJS web application and public website. As an early stage employee, you will be able to help fundamentally shape the company culture, mentor future engineering hires and play a pivotal role in product development.
Duties and responsibilities
- Build innovative, state-of-the-art applications and collaborate with the Backend Development team.
- Determine the structure and design (with Design team) of web pages.
- Work with the Design team to create a reusable component library.
- Create browser compatible, secure applications.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Utilize backend data services and contribute to increasing existing data services API.
- Debug errors that might crop up and write patches to fix them.
- Refactor and improve existing code for greater simplicity or performance.
- Write code to integrate with 3rd party partners and data sources.
- Document the development process, architecture, and standard components.
- Work independently to identify bottlenecks and sources of potential failure and improve them.
Must have skills
- Experience with Sass, Less and/or CSS Modules
- Write high-performance, reusable code for UI components
- Understanding of code versioning tools (Git and GitHub / Bitbucket / Gitlab). You've collaborated with other developers on a project on a versioning tool.
- Comfortable with Unit Testing, Version Control, Pull Requests, and Peer Review.
- Understanding of REST concepts and experience in writing RESTful APIs. Experience writing code that interacts asynchronously with APIs.
- Ability to adapt to new tools and processes
- Willingness to learn
- Passion for development
- Experience in Health Tech
- Remote experience
- Experience working on Linux and running basic Linux command
- Experience with a backend language/framework (e.g. Node, Python, Go, PHP)
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Bitbucket, and Confluence).
- Experience with Vue.js, Vue Router and Vuex
- Experience receiving and / or giving code reviews
What to submit with your application
- Send some examples of complete code you are proud of.
- Share what makes you interesting in the position
- Tell us where we can learn more about you - GitHub, CodePen, StackOverflow, YouTube, Blog, etc.
- Tell us about the most recent subjects/areas of tech that you’ve been learning about. IIt could be a series of blog posts, a video course, a conference presentation, etc.
Our Hiring Process
- Initial phone Interview: 15 - 30 minutes phone call with Lead Developers
- Take home code challenge: Simple code challenge that can be done in any language or framework
- In person interview with Lead Developers and VP: We’ll spend some time talking about code. We’ll do deep dives around certain subjects about code. We’ll talk about the challenges you’ve faced and the projects you’ve built (Due to COVID19, this can be done via Slack)
Please mention that you come from WorkForThem
when applying for this job.