Timescale is looking for a Senior Graphic Designer who loves creating for both the web, first and foremost, and print. You’ll be responsible for contributing to, maintaining, and shaping the future of the visual brand, it’s assets, web properties, and all collateral for events. You will also be working on the user interface for our web-based application, thinking through the user experience flows, and concepting and producing style guides and all associated components. You will also be creating imagery that is both elegant and easy to digest for topics and ideas that can be highly complex and abstract.
This position is contract-to-hire.
- Contribute to the ideation, production, maintenance, and development of design systems across all web properties
- Work collaboratively with other designers and project managers to craft compelling designs
- Produce clean, organized design files
- Willingness and ability to jump into multiple projects at any given state and produce high-quality work
- Experimentation to elevate the brand through typography, color, layout
- Build and maintain consistency of brand standards and guidelines
- Willingness to give and receive feedback to improve the overall work
Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years of design experience at a design agency, internal marketing team, or startup.
- Highly organized, takes pride in attention to detail
- Expert-level experience in Creative Suite
- Expert-level experience with prototyping tools such as Figma, InVision, or Framer
- Previous experience with creating and managing design systems a plus
- Excellent written, verbal, and sketching communication skills.
- Passionate about sharing ideas, having an opinion
- Inquisitive by nature, loves to learn
- A passion for experimentation with new design techniques and technologies
- A passion for branding, typography, and illustration
- A passion for nerd culture and technology.
- A passion for website design and all-things digital with a reverence for print collateral.
- Video/animation experience a huge plus
- Self-starter who can execute on ideas, manage and prioritize multiple design tasks
- You consider yourself a “wearer of many hats,” with the ability to take an idea from concept to sketches to high-fidelity designs, and finally seeing it through with web developers to make sure your designs are 100% pixel-perfect.
- A belief that organizations and industries are best when they are diverse and inclusive, and a commitment to ensuring that everything we do reflects that belief.
Time Series data is everywhere, and Timescale is helping developers and companies make sense of it.
Businesses worldwide trust TimescaleDB for mission-critical applications from industries as varied as manufacturing, finance, utilities, telecom, mining, ad tech, oil & gas, and the smart home. Applications built on TimescaleDB include complex monitoring systems, IoT, industrial machine data analysis, geospatial asset tracking, operational data warehousing, and financial risk management; via the edge, on-premise, and cloud deployments.
The team is entirely remote and is backed by top tier investors, including Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Icon Ventures, and Two Sigma Ventures.
Please mention that you come from WorkForThem
when applying for this job.