Founded in May 2015, Papier is a fast-growing, London based start-up, which has raised ~£15 million since launch and is changing the face of online personalisation. Papier offers a sophisticated user experience and delivers beautifully designed products, on-demand and all over the world, from personalised greeting cards to wedding invitations and stationery.
Papier is looking for an in-house Still-Life Photographer to join its Creative team. Under the direction of the Brand Art Director, the Still-Life Photographer will support the business in elevating the voice of our brand through fun and exciting imagery used in all communication across digital and print. The ideal candidate should have a passion for still-life photography, a love of stationery, and a portfolio that demonstrates strong creative thinking and technical know-how. In addition to being a talented photographer, we’re looking for someone who enjoys the art direction/planning/styling aspects of image creation, and is able to work alone and collaboratively with team members.
- Still-life photography for use across print and digital content for all Papier brand touchpoints, from email, to homepages, to social to print collateral.
- As sole photographer, you will be responsible for creating assets in line with our style and building upon this, as well as following seasonal updates and creative direction.
- As part of the creative team, contribute to conceptual exploration including mood boards and sketches prior to upcoming shoots, as well as being involved in shoot production.
- Working from briefs, you will create imagery that reflects provided shoot moodboards or concepts, either working alone or collaboratively or occasionally concept, style and shoot alone.
- Sourcing and working with props, comfortable working & setting up styling alone or with in-house creative team.
- Grading and retouching imagery (produced in-house as well as externally) and helping with product comps if needed.
- Maintaining consistency of quality and colour across all creative imagery.
- Maintaining an awareness of emerging trends and new ideas and translating these into imagery and communication.
- Delivering high-quality work in a fast-paced environment and taking an active role in ensuring upcoming deadlines are met.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and adapt easily to changes in art direction, product design, and project execution.
- Occasional event photography.
- Working alongside other team members and departments in a collaborative manner.
- 4+ years relevant experience or more, with a proven track record of producing strong imagery for brands either in-house, agency or freelance, with a strong photography portfolio to support.
- Ability to conceptualise and execute mood, lifestyle, and still-life photography.
- A creative eye and the ability to capture products in the best way possible through lighting, styling, and composition, with a real eye for detail.
- Good knowledge of Capture One, Lightroom, Adobe Photoshop, and other software standards within the field.
- Good understanding and use of digital cameras, lighting set-ups/equipment and studio environment, as well as ability to photograph using both natural and studio lighting.
- Ability to follow and build upon our brand style and visual tone.
- Detail orientated, organised & able to multi-task with good time management skills.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work as part of a team as well as individually.
- Flexibility and willingness to react quickly to changing demands of the business.
- Video and animation skills a plus, but not essential.
- Qualified at undergraduate level or above
- Competitive salary
- Camden office location (the team are currently working from home due to Government restrictions)
- £40 per month cultural allowance (to spend on books, art & design magazines and more!)
- Friendly and fantastic team!
Please mention that you come from WorkForThem
when applying for this job.