Home’s mission is to make housing better for everyone. It’s our vision to build a truly innovative and 100% digital self-serve marketplace, where landlords and tenants are connected through a seamless user experience as well as sleek design. That is why we’re looking for a senior (full-stack) designer to co-own the transition from an operational / sales-driven company to a product-led organisation. It’s our vision to build a truly innovative and 100% digital self-serve marketplace, where landlords and tenants are connected in a way that makes housing better for everyone. Your role will be to re-define the experience of renting and letting an apartment in the 21st century that truly “wows” the customer, while driving relevant business results for the company.
The ideal candidate
...will be a self-organised, hands-on generalist, who can own and execute across all phases of design work, such as
- structure and lead research efforts
- define conceptual foundation for design solutions
- execute excellent UX flows
- apply visual design systems
- prototype using a variety of tools and methods
- create production ready designs
- participate or conduct usability testing
- collaborate closely with multi-disciplinary teams to ensure that the quality of implementation meets design requirements
Your experience allows you to guide and mentor and grow junior designers and (eventually) build out and lead our design team as we scale.
Qualities we treasure
- First and foremost, you are a fantastic problem solver and great team player
- You are a true customer advocate and coach the rest of the team on that perspective
- You have the ability to balance practical approaches and perfection, across multiple work streams in a fast-paced, changing environment
- You have the ability (and proven) to find simple solutions to complex problems
- You know how to work with data, balancing qualitative and quantitative insights
- You are extremely organized and smart about how to prioritize work
- You are excellent in cross-functional collaboration and communication
- You inspire, push creativity, challenge established thinking, and identify industry best practices for user experience across the organization
To get there you will need
- Proven track record as a UX-UI Designer, with at least 5 years of experience
- Strong portfolio showcasing the variety of design challenges you have solved
- Deep understanding of design processes to guide, plan, and scope project work
- Design experience in both web and mobile context
- Experience in managing and mentoring junior designers
- Fluency in Figma and prototyping tools
- Technical understanding of front-end technology (HTML, CSS, JS) is a huge plus
- Fluency in German is a plus
Together with our team, you’ll create the story and product that will shape the future of housing. If you know you can help build a brand and product experience that gives every customer that same simple and warm sense of home, we'd love to hear from you! Simply apply here or send us an email for more information.
Please mention that you come from WorkForThem
when applying for this job.