We are notonthehighstreet.
We’re home to 5,000 phenomenal small creative businesses that we are proud to call our Partners. But, now more than ever, this community needs our support. So we’re doing all we can to shine a light on these dynamic entrepreneurs, waving the flag for small businesses and generally championing their socks off.
On top of our brilliant Partners, products and customers (not to mention our incredible team who have been busy beavering away from home since March), the last 12 months has seen great progress with our tech platform and customer experience. We are now looking to build on this momentum to drive our business to the next level. And that’s where you come in.
What we needWe’re looking for a natural creative innovator, experienced in providing fresh design solutions that are on-brand, original and inspiring, often within very tight timeframes.
Reporting to the Head of Art, you will own a wide range of design deliverables, specialising in print and branding-based projects, as well as designing for digital, from brief through to delivery.
You’ll be someone who’s passionate about creative design and highly experienced in engaging stakeholders and collaborators from different backgrounds, whilst ensuring the brand is articulated beautifully and consistently in a wonderfully original way.
Please note - this role would cover a maternity leave over a period of 9 to 12 months, starting in September.
Some of the things you'll be doing
- Creating conceptual solutions in response to briefs and executing across all relevant channels through to delivery - covering print, digital, social and physical executions
- Confidently presenting design ideas to internal and external stakeholders, ensuring they are engaged in the idea and the outcomes of the project, clearly articulating how a creative solution meets the challenges of the brief
- Executing a wide range of creative assets - such as campaign rollouts, both on and offline, small and large format print artwork, event concepting and branding
- Comfortable working alongside agencies to refine the final vision
- Ensuring concepts are created and delivered within the scope of the project schedule and budget constraints
- Working closely with our creative production team to keep all stakeholders informed of a project’s status
- Keeping up-to-date with trends and culture that may influence the brand and being aware of our competitors’ activity
- Contributing to the development of the brand identity and guidelines, and ensure the brand is applied consistently across campaigns and channels
Some key skills & experience you'll need
- The ability to interpret a business challenge articulated in a brief into a highly creative conceptual solution that supports the brand
- Articulating ideas and concepts in a clear and engaging style so that stakeholders are able to envisage the proposed solution and provide approvals as needed
- An in-depth knowledge of graphic design, styles and layout techniques that are channel and brand appropriate
- A proven working knowledge of print/catalogue design specifically
- The ability to create high quality moodboards and scamps to help communicate concepts
- Creating artwork to a high standard with excellent attention to detail
- Then on top of that you are personable, adaptable, and collaborative, engaging others with ideas to ensure their vision for a project is understood by all involved
- You can use initiative to find innovative solutions, internally motivated and with a positive mindset to produce outstanding work
- You are capable of owning a project from briefing to delivery with minimal input or guidance from the Head of Art
- You are highly skilled in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign
Please mention that you come from WorkForThem
when applying for this job.