Job Title: UX/UI Designer
Full-Time (W2 Contractor)
Work Location: Mountain View, CA
No C2C candidate accepted for this role
Samsung Visual Display NX team (Next eXperience) is a new product team that designs and implements user experience for high-profile, consumer electronics product lines, from core TV shipping products like Q Series and the Frame TV, to the future of Business, Home & Lifestyles family of digital appliances and services. The products and services we design to offer users benefits that are only made possible through tightly integrated technologies at a global scale worldwide. We’re hiring a Full-stack Design Contractor to join our experienced cross-disciplinary team to help conceive and support design work for our products.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who has a passion for making an impact in the consumer product. On a day-to-day basis, you will collaborate with designers, researchers, engineers, and product managers throughout our product’s design and development lifecycle. As a generalist, you will contribute from product ideation to product execution. You’ll collaborate with the team to provide design solutions in both the UI visual system and the UX that aligns with the product requirements. You have a keen eye for detail and craftsmanship. You have high standards for creating exceptional work. You’ll manage multiple projects through execution, and collaborate crossfunctionally with our teams in Northern America and globally. You are a flexible team player who knows how to work smart with constraints while advocating for excellent design standards along every step of the way.
- Bachelors in Graphic Design, Visual Design, Interaction Design, or an equivalent design degree. Masters degree is a plus.
- 5-8 years of experience as a Product Designer for consumer-products with an expectational foundation in interaction design, typography, and graphic design
- Have experience leading/contributed in a multiple consumer product from concept to execution
- Have an incredible eye for detail and mastery of all applicable design software (Adobe Creative Suite, After Effects, and Sketch)
- Strong understanding and passion for CX and technology and how it’s applied in consumers lives
- Knowledge of interaction design, including best practices for TV, mobile, voice, etc.
- Ability to manage and handle multiple projects, execute creatives on-time and on-task, and prioritize different tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to use qualitative and quantitative data to drive design solutions
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure with careful attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Have experience working with a design system for product execution
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional design portfolio must showcase work demonstrating mastery in creating impactful human-centered design solutions, well versed in the details that deliver in delightful customer experiences with a clear articulation of their design process from concept to design solution.
The candidate should be a cultural fit within the organization. The following characteristics define a candidate that will succeed in our culture and for this position.
- Curiosity: Has a naturally curious mind, loves to explore and nurture intellect; knows how to observe and identify patterns that identify trends and key insights early; knows how to ask the right questions (relevant) and quantity of questions necessary to uncover key information that can be made actionable. Probably, an avid observer and follower of popular culture and societal trends.
- Creativity: An innovative and resourceful person who thinks and acts “outside-of-the-box.” This individual possesses a left brain/right brain mindset. Recreationally they are likely to enjoy most nurturing their creative passions and hobbies across multiple categories, such as film, games, music, art, design, fashion, comics, literature, and news. Endeavors that push/ challenge their perceptions and physical limitations.
- Technology Forward: Has a passion for technology, tinkering under the hood, and enjoys being a sought-after authority and the resource that others turn to for emerging media and technology.
- Communication: Excellent oral and written communication skills; a great presenter, an active listener with consultative capabilities; skillful communicator in tough situations where striking a balance between being direct/forceful and diplomacy is necessary.
- Open-Minded: Approach to listening and problem-solving is inclusive and open-minded.
- Action-Oriented: Self-motivated and self-starting individual who can take limited direction and produce tangible results. Capacity for learning on one’s own, whether it’s software tools or languages.
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner based on analysis, sound judgment, and wisdom.
- Team Oriented: Works well in collaborative team environments and matrix reporting structures.
Job Type: Contract
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Full Time Opportunity:
Please mention that you come from WorkForThem
when applying for this job.