At CollabraLink, , a Federal contractor, we’re committed to providing federal clients with simple and intuitive solutions that increase efficiency and enhance citizen engagement. Using advanced technology, rigorous processes and trusted guidance, we’re making government more interactive, productive and secure. We understand that our employees are our greatest asset. Our goal is to create an environment where employees can do important, purposeful work and be rewarded for individual and team success.
CollabraLink is seeking a UX Designer to join our team in Arlington, VA.
Our client requires candidates to have U.S. citizenship for clearance.
- Understand and apply Human Centered Design (HCD) methodologies to craft the visual appearance, interaction behaviors, and activity flows of features for complex business software
- Synthesize customer requirements, user needs, business objectives, and technical constraints communicated by stakeholders to generate design artifacts that advance the user experience and promote usability.
- Create thoughtful and impactful UX design concepts, wireframes, flows, information architecture, prototypes, and UI patterns
- Lead collaborative design reviews and participate in usability testing to refine UX design artifacts
- Successfully communicate conceptual ideas, detailed design, rationale, and usage guidelines, both verbally and visually
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to refine the customer experience and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Interact extensively with customers and users, with a strong ability to make succinct and well-reasoned arguments for designs that benefit users.
- Work closely with user researchers and software engineers to identify implementation approaches that balance user experience/usability goals with technical cost
- 2+ years UX and interaction design experience across a variety of digital channels, with a focus on designing complex business applications
- Fluency with wireframing tools (Axure, Sketch, Adobe CC)
- Must have problem solving skills with aptitude to support self-organizing multi-disciplinary teams with experience in persona development, data visualization, high-fidelity prototyping
- Understanding of U.S. Web Design Standards, Section 508 accessibility requirements, and experience creating and working with “design systems”
- Agile and/or Lean knowledge and experience
- Portfolio of UX design and/or research artifacts
- Ability to meet ambitious deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule, including quickly turning around design artifacts such as user flow diagrams, prototypes, comps/mock-ups, interactive wireframes, etc.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills, and extensive customer interaction,
- Ability to pass a background investigation and clear a Public Trust at minimum per contract requirements
- Experience with working as part of a Scrum (or other agile methodology) development team
- Experience creating UX designs for complex business applications using low-code platforms such as Appian
- In addition to UX design core skills, the ideal candidate will have experience designing journey maps, personas, and design-thinking artifacts
- BS or equivalent experience in UX or Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Human Factors, HCI, HCD etc.
We actively practice the philosophy that empowered employees make successful teams. That’s why we strive to put employees in positions where they can grow, both personally and professionally. CollabraLink offers a full suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, matching 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement plans and much more.
CollabraLink is a fast growing CMMI-DEV Maturity Level 3, Small Business professional services firm. Founded in 2003, CollabraLink has long established ourselves as a value-add partner assisting our customers in solving their most difficult problems. We bring expertise across a wide variety of IT and Mission Support services driving significant results for our customers.
CollabraLink is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
- Referral Program
- Vision Insurance
- UX Design: 2 years (Required)
- This position requires a Federal government clearance which requires current U.S. Citizenship; are you currently a U.S. citizen?
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Please mention that you come from WorkForThem
when applying for this job.