As a Senior Product Designer at Buildkite, you’ll work on a small team with a big impact, and help shape a tool that thousands of developers use every day. You’ll be working with our Chief Product Officer and co-founder Tim Lucas, as well as a Lead Designer and Production Designer. In this team you’ll have the chance to influence all corners of Buildkite’s product and brand.
A typical day for a Senior Product Designer might look like:
- Pairing with a product engineer on Zoom to talk through a new feature being worked on, and working on improvements to UI, copy, and user flows.
- Mocking up user interface ideas in Figma, and posting them to Basecamp, to help clarify discussions between everyone on the team.
- Polishing a UI animation, and making UI copy and consistency improvements, on a GitHub pull request.
- Writing a post to the team on Basecamp with some design strategies and ideas, and getting feedback from a range of perspectives on the team.
- Giving feedback on and helping to iterate our UI component libraries, helping to empower the rest of the team with great design tools.
- Creating polished design assets for product launches, and designing changes to the Buildkite marketing site.
- Joining in the weekly design catchups over Zoom, giving feedback on a commissioned illustration project for a new conference sticker, and demonstrating designs you’ve been working on.
- Venturing into the far corners of Buildkite’s product, tools and documentation to understand how things are working in practice.
This job is for you if you have:
- An eye for detail, and feel comfortable advocating for the user through the lens of great design.
- The ability to navigate ambiguity, create clarity through design, and lead by example.
- Experience working closely with frontend and backend engineers, and enjoy participating in the process of bringing your design ideas to life.
- Worked on an existing product, helping to iterate it towards an overarching vision.
- The ability to seek critical feedback, ask questions, and participate in decision making.
- Experience with guiding discussions about tradeoffs in the product development process, and helping to ensure a cohesive product experience in the face of difficulties.
- An interest in helping build a small company with a big impact, and influencing many aspects of the business with great design.
- Proficiency in Figma, Sketch, Illustrator, or other design tools.
- Basic proficiency working with Ruby on Rails or similar web app framework.
- An interest in working in a distributed company with cross-functional teams.
Benefits and Salary
- Salary is dependant on experience and location. Salary amount excludes superannuation / 401k.
- Equity and profit share.
- 6 weeks paid annual leave.
- 6 months paid parental leave for primary caregivers, and 3 months paid parental leave for secondary carers with superannuation/401k and continuation of all benefits.
- Comprehensive hardware and phone budget every 24 months.
- Training and conference budget.
- Wellness budget.
- Private healthcare.
- Green commuting budget.
- Expense card.
- Home office expenses, and co-working budget.
Please mention that you come from WorkForThem
when applying for this job.