We are the Disruption Company
Disruption is our DNA. It's the philosophy that has powered TBWA globally for over 30 years. And it's still at the heart of everything we do in TBWA\London. It's our way of looking at the world and looking for a white space that can lead to innovation, impactful creative and ultimately help clients' businesses grow.
Our premise is that a business can never outperform a market by adhering to its conventions. Brands only achieve truly market-beating performance when they stop trading blows on minor points of difference and begin to work towards the future on their own terms, defining new market space.
Here in London, led by our leadership team Sara Tate (Chief Executive Officer), Andy Jex (Executive Creative Director) and Anna Vogt (Director of Strategy) we are able to offer all of our clients the spirit, pace and hunger of a start-up but with the security and experience of an established shop.
We have been building on TBWA’s foundation of Disruption by finding new ways to bring it to life in more channels than ever, in line with today’s media landscape.
We have a strong identity and talk a lot about having a pirate spirit. By joining us, you’ll become part of a crew; all united behind one quote ‘Why join the navy when you could be a pirate’.
There are core values that come with that which are essential for a candidate to work here:
· Challenging - we are independent thinkers, always looking for ways to disrupt the status quo for the better. Pirates play the game but don't always follow the rules.
· Entrepreneurial - we are adaptable, flexible and always on the lookout for creative or business opportunities.
· Collective spirit - we build and improve our culture together as one crew and we are all guardians of the TBWA brand.
Above all, we believe in the power of creativity to drive transformational business-changing ideas, then communicating them in the most relevant and engaging channels.
The role in brief:
TBWA London are seeking a Copywriter to join their Creative Department team.
As a Copywriter at TBWA London you are responsible for the creation and development of marketing Communications and advertising ideas, with particular focus on the written words (copy) within these. This copy can be anything from headlines and body copy for print advertising, to TV commercials’ scripts, Social and mobile applications and websites.
Your imagination and flair for writing allows them to create persuasive, engaging copy that helps to solve genuine business problems for our clients.
This role will be working across our Global and Local based clients for which we are the lead creative and strategic agency,
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Internal: Art Director(s); Creative Directors; Account management team; Planners; Creative Services and Production staff.
● External: Print producers; Commercials directors; Commercials producers.
● Understanding the context that lies behind a client’s business and communications need, and the key proposition and creative brief that is provided as the basis for your work.
● Understanding the target audience and proposed media to be used in the campaign.
● Devising and developing original advertising and communications ideas that engage the target audience and address the client’s business problem.
● Presenting ideas to the Executive/Creative Director for approval and development and writing copy through several stages of concepts and executions.
● Generating and maintaining enthusiasm for ideas within the agency (and with clients in more client-facing Copywriter roles) as they move from concept to execution.
● Responding to client and research feedback and continuing to develop the work until final approval stage.
● Working alongside the Art Director to select all photographers, illustrators, TV Production companies and Directors, and models and cast involved in the creative production. In larger agencies they will also work closely with Art Buyers and inhouse TV Producers to achieve this.
● Overseeing the production of creative outputs e.g. print advertisements, TV commercials, mailings, social media content, etc. In some agencies they may work with Art Buyers and in-house TV Producers to accomplish this.
The chosen candidate will have:
· Experience in social justice campaigns and an understanding of the relevant laws around it - This is mandatory.
· Proven experience within the Far East market (specifically Singapore) as this is integral for a number of our current clients - This is mandatory.
· Advanced level knowledge and experience of social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok etc. - This is mandatory.
· A writing ability beyond advertising (The candidate should be a true hybrid)
· Experience in writing and producing traditional media campaigns for poster, print, TV, radio and digital
· Had published work and used to dealing with editorial content
· An entrepreneurial spirit is key. Being pro-active and a self-starter is essential for the role
· An in-depth knowledge of digital activation and PR concept led ideas and most social platforms
· Ability to translate briefs into marketing strategies for clients is essential
· First class presenting and communication skill
· An understanding and the ability to work with one or more of the following;
- Intermediate to Advanced level Keynote – Essential
- Intermediate to Advanced level Adobe Creative Suite – Essential
- Intermediate to Advanced level Google Presentation software – Essential
· Good attention to detail, ability to multi-task and enjoy working under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
· Ability to demonstrate a logical approach to problem solving
Posted 1 month agoApply for this job
Is your resume getting lost in the pile? Get a free resume review and put your best foot forward!Upgrade your resume