Invitation Homes is seeking a FULL TIME Senior Software Engineer to join a small, energetic and collaborative team to help implement and expand upon our current product offerings to our residents, as well as our operations, marketing and leasing teams. A Senior Engineer may work under the direction of product managers and/or project managers to plan and estimate various software applications.
The ideal candidate has advanced knowledge to architect, develop, maintain and troubleshoot cloud-based web and mobile applications using the latest technologies and tools. This role will continually focus on learning, evaluating and using the ever-changing practices and tools of their craft to achieve corporate objectives and priorities. A Senior Engineer will provide feedback, guidance, and mentorship through pair programming, collaboration and effective communication to less senior staff.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and deploy backend services with focus on high availability, low latency and scalability.
- Direct and assist with designing, developing, documenting, testing, and debugging new and existing software systems and/or applications.
- Identify and resolve defects of complex scope using proper engineering tools and techniques such as debuggers, emulators, simulators, and logic analyzers.
- Exhibit advanced technical problem solving and debugging skills.
- Identify, develop, and advocate best practices, design standards and procedures.
- Team player that is willing to do whatever it takes to help the team succeed.
- Foster a collaborative and professional team environment to achieve objectives.
- Mentor junior and mid-level engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities to grow their technical skills.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Provide support and maintain existing products and add new features as requested by customers.
- Anticipate and adapt to a changing business environment and requirements.
- Collaborate and communicate with Stakeholders, Product Owners, Quality Assurance and other teams in an agile work environment, including but not limited to design meetings, planning, stand ups, & retrospectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to be considered.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience.
- At least five (5) years of equivalent work experience, 2 years as a Senior Engineer preferred.
Preferred Qualifications and Requirements:
- Advanced knowledge of NodeJS and asynchronous programming.
- Proficient knowledge in Linux/Unix systems, particularly on AWS.
- Advanced knowledge of structured query language (SQL) and relational database concepts with preferred knowledge of PostgreSQL.
- Proficient knowledge of the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Advanced knowledge of Heroku and Buddy.
- Follows and advocates Agile practices and principles.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of system design, data structures and algorithms.
- Advanced knowledge of contemporary web API design (REST, hypermedia, profiles, relations).
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge, education, experience and/or training necessary to develop complex software in NodeJS, React or other programming languages.
- Advanced knowledge of programming domains (server architecture, security standards, accessibility standards, database access and usage, deployment process, user interface development, networking, and so on).
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to articulate information in a meaningful way to project managers and executive level staff.
- Exhibits leadership and mentoring.
- Provide logical and meaningful contributions in discussions and meetings.
- Familiarity with the Salesforce platform.
- Proven ability to perform all aspects of application development including the coordination of others on small projects with minimal guidance or supervision.
- Provide feedback and guidance in code reviews.
- Other Requirements
- Must maintain professional appearance.
- Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis.
- Overtime may be required for this position.
Please mention that you come from WorkForThem
when applying for this job.