This department's aim is to tell world-class Visual Storytelling that matches the quality journalism of The Telegraph, increasing core engagement for a range of our readers across print and digitally. The team works on daily creative content for The Telegraph's website and app, Snapchat, newspaper, and reactional content based on daily or long-form content.
The Telegraph are looking for a highly creative Art Director to help develop visual storytelling across The Telegraph. Be part of the award-winning Visual Storytelling team where experimentation and learning are encouraged. The team is restructuring at The Telegraph and continue steps to become a world-leading in-house creative team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Alongside the Design director, leading the team who are creating visual stories, in an innovative and highly creative manner
- Working to fast-paced deadlines, across a number of different platforms (our website, newspaper, apps, Instagram, Snapchat and more)
- Collaborating with Product, Graphics, Video Editors, Editors and Journalists to brainstorm and storyboard stories for the day’s topics and broader news agenda
- Working closely with other designers to bring stories to life, in a short, snappy, highly visual format
- Working with the Design Director, to develop an industry-leading approach on these platforms as we continue to develop world-class visual storytelling across both print and digital platforms
- Leading motion projects alongside senior motion creative and presenting to Design director and Stakeholders
- Experience managing a team of creatives – or assembling teams for specific projects – you’ll understand how to drive projects through to completion, give really good feedback and clarity of direction
- Interested in current affairs and have a passion for telling stories
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, working as part of a team
- A strong set of design skills – great typography, an eye for colour, and be fiercely creative with it
- Energetic, have an appetite for experimentation and a good sense of fun
- An open-minded and receptive approach to innovating and iterating your designs
- Know your way around the full Adobe suite
- Experience leading projects and teams
- Significant in-house/agency experience
- Confident and great at communicating
- Personal and career development opportunities such as communication, soft skills and industry qualifications
- Work within a dynamic team, who challenge the status quo and champion agile working & continuous improvement; adopting the Telegraph’s values - being together, fearless, open-minded and informed - in everything we do
- 25 days’ holiday; rising to 30 days after 3 years’ service, private pension, plus lifestyle, health & wellbeing and financial benefits.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
Please mention that you come from WorkForThem
when applying for this job.