Founded in May 2015, Papier is recognised in the Sunday Times tech track top 100 as one of the fastest growing companies in the UK. A London based start-up, which has raised ~£15 million since launch and is changing the face of online personalisation.
Papier offers a sophisticated user experience and delivers beautifully designed products, on-demand and all over the world, from personalised greeting cards, to wedding invitations and stationery.
We are looking for someone to lead digital product design at Papier. You’ll be covering every element of the product design process, working as part of a friendly close knit team that is changing the way people view online stationery.
(NB. we design Notebooks, stationery and lots of paper things too but that’s not you).
- Leading Digital Product Design at Papier, collaborating across the business to continually develop our product design best practice across UX/UI and user research.
- Continue to work on and improve our design system/library, developing visual and interaction design, inline with our visual identity.
- Taking design problems from across the customer experience, translating research into insights, insights into ideas and working with our development team to bring them to life.
- Leading, mentoring and managing the design team, helping them develop and ensuring they are happy and fulfilled in their roles.
- Lead product discovery and research, help run design sprints and build a digital experience that leads the market.
- 8+ years of experience designing digital products, apps and ecommerce websites across all devices (Desktop, Tablet & phone).
- A great knowledge of the product development process, from problem solving through to detailed UI and visual design and a keen desire to keep learning new better ways to do things.
- The ability to create beautiful yet functional high-fidelity designs & prototypes using the tools like Sketch or Figma (we use Figma currently).
- Excellent communicator, able to explain the thinking behind design work to stakeholders.
- Highly motivated and comfortable taking the initiative.
- Motivation to work in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment.
We would like to see your portfolio so you can walk us through the approaches you have used in the past, how they informed your work and ultimately the impact they have had for the customers.
- Competitive Salary
- Lovely Camden Office Location with roof terrace (Although currently we are based from home)
- £40 per month cultural allowance (to spend on museums, theatre, gig tickets and more!)
- Fully stocked fridge and weekly team lunch on Fridays
- Regular team events and cultural trips
- Friendly and fantastic team!
Please mention that you come from WorkForThem
when applying for this job.