Founded in May 2015, Papier is a fast-growing, London-based start-up, which has raised ~£15 million since launch and is changing the face of online personalisation. Papier offers a sophisticated user experience and delivers beautifully designed products, on-demand and all over the world, from personalised greeting cards to wedding invitations and stationery.
Under the direction of the Stationery Design Manager, the Midweight Designer will support the business in radically growing our product portfolio across invitations, lifestyle products and personalised stationery. Following a Commercial brief, projects will be worked on from creative research and concept through to artwork. The ideal candidate should have a passion for design with a portfolio that demonstrates strong creative thinking and typesetting.
- Delivering quality design work in a fast-paced environment and taking an active role in ensuring upcoming deadlines are met
- Maintaining an awareness of emerging trends and new ideas, and translating these into designs and collections from Commercial lead briefs
- Working alongside other designers and departments to assist in the development of new designs, and effectively communicating with the team throughout this process
- As part of the creative product team, contribute to conceptual exploration including mood boards and sketches prior to the design of a collection. Designing a broad range of stationery products, seeing a project through from concept to a final piece
- 2-3 years Graphic Design experience
- Proven track record of producing design-led stationery products, with a strong portfolio to support
- A strong interest in print & stationery design with good knowledge of paper stock, print techniques and print production
- Thorough attention to detail with excellent typography & layout skills
- Good understanding of preparing artwork for print and web
- Excellent Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign skills
- Detail orientated, organised & able to multi-task with good time management skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work as part of a team as well as individually
- Flexibility and willingness to react quickly to changing demands of the business
- Illustration skills a plus
- Competitive salary
- Camden office location (the team are currently working from home due to Government restrictions)
- £40 per month cultural allowance (to spend on books, art & design magazines and more!)
- Friendly and fantastic team!
Please mention that you come from WorkForThem
when applying for this job.