UXUS is a global strategic design consultancy that re-imagines consumer experiences for the 21st century. We harness the power of retail, hospitality and experience to transform the world’s leading brands – from creating the ultimate peer-to-peer education hub for Sephora to the new dining experiences for McDonald’s.
UXUS is proud to be recognized by the industry for its creative excellence.
Our award-winning team recently won the Best retail Experience at the World Retail Congress for the L’Occitane flagship on Regent Street.
For our office in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, UXUS is seeking to hire an experienced, talented, and self-motivated, high-level Business Development Manager, with focus on retail and luxury industry , to drive and execute strategies for growth of new business worldwide.
In this role the successful candidate will work both independently and as well as directly in collaboration with CEO and CCO to identify and pursue business opportunities that support UXUS’s growth and business objectives.
This position reports directly to the CEO.
Ideally, the candidate will be based in Amsterdam and work for our Amsterdam office in The Netherlands.
UXUS is open to consider candidates based in a different location and working remotely (as long as the candidate's time zone is aligned with the Netherlands). In this case regular travelling to the Amsterdam office may be required.
The employment contract will be full time (40 hours/week), for a determined period with the intention of building a long lasting working relationship.
The expected start date is 4 January 2021.
- Develop strategic growth plans, strategic client initiatives and tactical action items needed to target new business opportunities, including setting targets
- Lead all aspects of new lead generation activities inclusive of cold calling, prospect introductions, conferences, presentations, engagement with professional organizations, etc.
- Responsibility to improve sales process and drive sales outreach efforts also in alignment with our PR& Marketing activities in order to provide a coherent message to clients.
- Submit accurate weekly progress reports using the company’s sales management system and track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet targets.
- With detailed knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s differentiators and unique selling points in order to target new potential clients
- Work with designers and project managers on growing existing accounts as well as on scopes of work and estimate fees.
- A minimum of 5 - 10 years of demonstrated experience in business development activities in the creative (agency), consulting, design, digital or architecture field and around developing strategy in pursuit of large contract opportunities
- Demonstrated knowledge of and strong network of the retail and hospitality industry is essential
- Ability to open doors with clients, ability to win projects that are profitable, ability to assess strategic weakness and develop mitigation strategies
- Strong market and business research capabilities as well as knowledge on using Linkedin and Instagram as lead generators
- Strong organizational skills, flexibility and the ability to prioritize work assignments
- Demonstrated intercultural awareness and ability to interact with a diverse team within UXUS and within our clients’ network
- Bachelor's degree in planning, business, or related degree
- Persistent self-starter
- Creative problem-solving ability
- Excellent communicator; able to bridge lines of communication at all levels and ability to demonstrate diplomacy and collaboration
- Excellent command of English language (our company language) written and spoken. Knowledge of any additional language is welcome
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment is essential
- Monthly health insurance contribution
- 8% holiday allowance
- 25 vacation days per calendar year on a full - time basis
- Competitive remuneration
- The opportunity to join a visionary and cutting edge international design agency based in Amsterdam.
Please mention that you come from WorkForThem
when applying for this job.