BentoBox empowers restaurants to own their presence, profits and relationships. The hospitality platform disrupts third-party services that come between the restaurant and the guest. BentoBox puts the restaurant first and offers tools that drive high-margin revenue directly through the restaurant’s website. BentoBox is trusted and loved by over 5,000 restaurants worldwide including The Meatball Shop, Joseph Leonard, Union Square Hospitality Group, Major Food Group, Rose’s Luxury, Eleven Madison Park & many more. Learn more at www.getbento.com
BentoBox is seeking a Junior Web Designer to join our rapidly growing team. This position will be an integral part of our design team and will report directly to the Design Team Lead. You’ll play an important role in shaping the online presence of some of the best restaurants in the world.
Check out our Design team's blog for recent updates and fun projects!
- Find unique, visually compelling yet intuitive ways to represent restaurants online through their website design
- Work closely with the Customer Success team to translate brand guidelines and deliver exceptional value with every design
- Create, collaborate and iterate on our library of themes to solve never-before-addressed problems for the hospitality industry
- Use restaurant website design best practices to bring your customer's vision to life across all devices
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the latest digital trends to ensure designs and templates remain relevant and best-in-class
- Uphold BentoBox’s core mission, vision, and principles
Skills and Attributes
- A minimum of one year experience in digital/web design
- Proficient in HTML, CSS and responsive design
- Highly energetic and ambitious. Excited to give 150% every day to help build a massive company
- Versatile and comfortable working in different styles
- Strong multi-tasker who can easily manage numerous projects at once
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- More than just a keen eye for design and great taste: you design with purpose and with user experience in mind
- Comfortable working with very little direction, and iterating based on feedback
- Open to learning, and seek the best solutions for unfamiliar design challenges
- Smart, meticulous, self-motivated, quality-focused
- Passionate about the restaurant industry and helping owners and operators thrive in a digital world
- Applicants must submit an online portfolio to be considered
What We Offer
- Competitive salary + equity
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401(k), commuter benefits and life insurance)
- Flexible vacation plan
- Paid parental leave
- Professional development, growth and support
- Perks when dining with BentoBox customers such as tip reimbursement
- Making a positive impact on the hospitality community
BentoBox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please mention that you come from WorkForThem
when applying for this job.