As an Industrial Designer at Laerdal, you will work in the intersection of education and healthcare designing integrated physical and digital products and services. You will participate in all stages of the design process, from early phase user and market analysis and prototyping and concept development to detailed design and final product testing and validation. Everything we do happens in close contact with our users: nurses, doctors, simulation specialists and others. You will work in an energetic and cross-disciplinary team and have a solid, award-winning design group for support.
• Have an Industrial Design degree and are regarded by current and former peers and colleagues as an up and coming powerhouse with 2-10 years of experience.
• Have worked with a variety of design methodologies and innovative business models and have concepted new products for similar high-profile clients.
• Are enthusiastic about creating the best possible, holistic user experiences.
• Speak and write English fluently, and are an excellent storyteller, communicator and collaborator.
• Have designed products and experiences with both physical and digital components.
• Are passionate about translating user needs and insights, technical realities, branding attributes and business needs into compelling solutions.
• Are a whiz at sketching, rapid prototyping, visualizing ideas and concepts and using the latest rendering and presentation software.
• Look forward to working with a diverse and talented team and can travel globally approximately 25% of the time.
How you can help us save an additional 1M lives per year by 2030
• Ensure that the user experience of our solutions is world class.
• Lead and drive design efforts within complex projects.
• Facilitate workshops, sharing sessions and user tests in all phases of the development.
• Mentor and support colleagues through the design process.
• Positively contribute to the team by communicating in an open and direct way and actively looking for ways to increase efficiency and quality of our work.
• Build and maintain a trusted network with both internal and external partners.
• Work in compliance with our product development process, prepare specifications and process documentation.
We offer competitive and flexible working conditions in beautiful Stavanger, Norway.
Apply by submitting your cover letter, CV and design project examples / portfolio before November 10th 2020.
Posted 1 month agoApply for this job
Is your resume getting lost in the pile? Get a free resume review and put your best foot forward!Upgrade your resume