This is a unique time for CRUK - we are establishing an in-house creative team for the first time by bringing together existing expertise across the organisation. By recruiting a creative leader, we are making a fundamental and exciting shift, laying the foundations for a new culture of creativity at CRUK. Stepping in as the Head of Creative for CRUK will be a big, but exciting, challenge.
If you have experience of working in fast-paced complex organisations with complex brands this may be the role for you. You’re going to oversee what equates to an in-house studio team made up of all creative disciplines - from video, photography and production to graphic, motion and information design to strategic content and copywriting. The new team had a wide remit and needs a highly proficient creative leader to take the helm for the first time. You will develop and creative vision for CRUK that continues to evolve as the organisation does; you will set the expectation at the highest level to ensure delivery of all kind is brilliant; and you will galvanise and empower this new team to get on board and follow you.
We’re leaders in our sector, often the first to try another way. So we’re always open to new possibilities. To really make things happen, you’ll need tenacity and drive, as well as brilliant ideas.
In this role, you’ll:
- >Establish a creative culture within CRUK, communicating the role, value and vision of creativity within the charity and supporting the development of creative talent within the team.
- Set the creative vision, strategy and standards for the team and its delivery functions, ensuring it’s aligned with the brand and corporate strategy and maximises our impact in beating cancer.
- Oversee and be accountable for all in-house creative activity and projects across all functions (including design, motion graphics, information design, creative copywriting, photography, video and content production, and AV management).
- Lead the way in developing strong and trusted relationships with commissioning teams that support efficient briefing and delivery processes and that encourage stronger brand impact.
- Be accountable for driving brand expression and integrity across the organisation, ensuring all creative and content contribute to building an impactful, relevant and consistent brand experience across all channels and to all audiences and adhere to CRUK’s (or recognised sub-) brand guidelines.
- Have overall accountability for cross organisational creative asset management including management of the Digital Asset Management (DAM) system which will improve efficiencies and enable repurposing/reuse of agency delivered creative.
- Lead and support your management team and matrixed management teams, driving a culture of empowerment, so they effectively manage, develop and support their teams to achieve outstanding results.
- As a leader in F&M and part of the leadership community, be a role model and play an active role in developing the culture of the directorate, mentoring where appropriate.
- Extensive experience of leading complex brands and giving strong and impactful creative direction either in-house or within a creative agency.
- Extensive experience of setting the creative vision, strategy and standards for the team and its delivery functions, ensuring it’s aligned with the brand and corporate strategy
- Strategic thinker with proven experience of developing strategies and shaping long-term plans for own area.
- Significant experience working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple complex brands and projects, with a proven ability to set and deliver to a high standard consistently with competing and demanding deadlines; able to prioritise activity and manage conflict to achieve results.
- Demonstrable experience of being a visible and effective leader - growing, motivating and inspiring creative teams and having the skills that make people what to follow you.
Ideally, you’ll also be a fantastic storyteller who can translate brands and drive brand expression through everything you do.
As this is a brand-new role, the vacancy is open and we’re looking for someone to start at soon as possible.
What will I gain?
Without you we wouldn’t be able to achieve our aim of seeing 3 in 4 people survive cancer by 2034. So, we want to reward you in as many ways as possible. Our benefits package includes discounts on anything from travel to technology, generous holiday allowance, gym membership, childcare vouchers and much more. You’ll also be able to access a wide range of learning and development opportunities. And ultimately, you’ll know that you’ll be changing lives through your work.
If you’re as ambitious as we are, join our collective force and enjoy an excellent career, as we save lives and add years.
Visionary solutions. Limitless creativity. One unique role.
Please mention that you come from WorkForThem
when applying for this job.