We are looking for a bright Junior Graphic Designer to join the Head of Zeus Art Department, working across a wide range of book covers and marketing materials, and supporting the smooth running of the Art team.
Head of Zeus is a small, independent and dynamic publisher of fiction (commercial, literary, children’s) and non fiction (humanities, biographies, lifestyle). We publish around 150 trade titles and 150 paperback titles a year.
You will contribute to the design and production of marketing materials, book and eBook covers. You will work closely with the Art Director and the Art team, and liaise with the production, editorial, communications and sales teams.
This will be a full time position, in house (Angel / Farringdon, Central
London) when government restrictions allow, and would suit a recent graduate with
an interest in publishing, book cover and editorial design.
Responsibilities will include:
• Designing materials for the communications team, designing graphics for websites, social media and other associated marketing materials
• Assisting with the design and production of the twice yearly catalogue
• Finalising trade covers ready for circulation
• Laying up paperback spread art for circulation
• General design-related administration duties
Skills should include :
• Excellent Creative Suite skills (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) for Mac
• Ability to prioritise, multi-task, and stay organised in a busy work environment
• High standard of typographic design, with excellent attention to detail
• Confident communication skills
Desirable, but not essential:
• Some experience within a publishing environment.
NB: early applications may be prioritised.
Job start date: 4 January 2021, or as soon as possible.
Posted 2 weeks agoApply for this job
Is your resume getting lost in the pile? Get a free resume review and put your best foot forward!Upgrade your resume