Travelers is looking for an experienced ACD-level digital design leader to help take its award-winning in-house agency to the next level. This individual will work with a team of multidisciplinary creative talent to create integrated marketing solutions across all digital channels – including websites, emails, social media, and paid advertising. This individual should possess the skill set to transform concepts into wireframes and visual assets for an impactful and memorable brand and customer experience. The candidate should also have solid experience in and knowledge of the digital field, design best practices, and current digital trends. Must demonstrate a seasoned understanding of and passion for all aspects of creative work – including concepts, design, writing and creativity. This position may manage others.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
- Works with creative directors to help drive the vision, conception and design of industry-leading creative solutions that translate marketing and business objectives into integrated and breakthrough campaigns.
- Conceptualizes and executes marketing initiatives in a 360-degree, omni-channel fashion.
- Collaborates with peers across creative, project management, strategy, content marketing and IT to help deliver award-winning creative solutions; leading projects from concept to launch.
- Strategic understanding of current trends within experience design, marketing, branding, digital product design and agile methodologies, and the ability to translate these into impactful creative solutions.
- Provides guidance and leadership in brainstorming ideas and concepts.
- Oversees, mentors and assigns work to a team of copywriters, graphic designers, conceptual designers or videographers and above to generate integrated concepts and ideas.
- Inspires and achieves a high level of output and produces the best possible work for clients, from a design, copy and conceptual point of view.
- Partners with creative teams to develop multiple concepts/campaigns for assigned products/projects.
- Prepares, oversees and presents complex and integrated campaigns. Represents the creative team with in-depth knowledge of why choices are being made. Articulates campaign messaging, approaches and priorities.
- Reviews ideas (self and teams) and discusses progress with creative director and/or executive creative director.
- Amends, revises or redevelops campaigns in response to feedback from creative director and clients.
- Keeps self and teams up to date with popular culture and trends.
- Understands importance of making sure final output (copy, art, design and video) is aligned with Travelers brand guidelines and follows internal approval processes.
- Provides guidance and oversight on concepts, copy and visual design to less senior members of the creative team.
- Manages and/or works on several campaigns at once, under pressure and on tight deadlines.
- Reviews and when necessary, helps refine creative briefs developed by the marketing team.
- Works closely with account service and marketing clients to ensure creative work meets strategy.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in a creative function.
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts or related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- 7+ years in a creative leadership role overseeing conception and design of cross-channel creative solutions (5+ years in an agency environment) that have resulted in superior customer engagements.
- Expert knowledge in visual design and communication principles, with a strong emphasis on UI, UX, and web standards.
- An understanding of digital product design principles, including mobile standards, systems design, and agile development methodologies while proactively seeking knowledge in emerging technologies and markets.
Seasoned knowledge of company products, services, marketing strategies and company brand guidelines, standards/practices.
- An exceptional on-line portfolio demonstrating strong creative direction, and experience creating campaigns and digital experiences for leading brands. Experience working within the constraints of highly regulated industries a definite plus.
JOB SPECIFIC TECHNICAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability to work well cross functionally, scope and estimate creative work streams, make appropriate trade-offs to meet time constraints, and utilize business data and analytics to make informed decisions that support business growth
- Strategic understanding of current trends within experience design, marketing, branding, digital product design and agile methodologies, and the ability to translate these into impactful creative solutions across all digital channels, including editorial landing pages, cross-promotional banners, and other site assets, emails, digital display banners, Facebook link ads, Instagram carousels, and Google ads
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS and excited to use the latest prototyping tools, including InVision, Marvel, and Hype
- Fluency in Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Ability to effectively navigate a corporate culture, make client presentations, lead creative reviews and concept presentations, and educate partners across the enterprise about the value of excellent visual design
Posted 1 week agoApply for this job
Is your resume getting lost in the pile? Get a free resume review and put your best foot forward!Upgrade your resume