Senior UX Designer
As a Senior UX Designer you will be responsible for analyzing industry trends, user workflows, customer needs and market opportunities. This position will participate and/or lead UX design initiatives for new and existing LightBox products and execute overall UX plans. This role will align UX with business initiatives to achieve strategic priorities.
The Senior UX Designer will learn and understand existing LightBox capabilities and then identify customer pain points and design viable solutions (add-on products, features, mobile, etc.). This role will also work closely with our Director, UX Design and business segment leaders as well as other departments (Sales, Marketing, Customer Success) to influence processes, culture, and best practices within the organization.
What you will do and achieve:
- Help create the vision for developing, communicating, and implementing the user experience and associated UI frameworks and assets for the LightBox suite of applications.
- Design the UX, visual style, user interface, information architecture, and interaction flows.
- Contribute to the design of desirable products and user interfaces, developing personas, customer journey maps, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, in a team environment.
- Participate or lead design projects through all phases, from user research and exploratory mockups to design reviews, delivery, and usability testing.
- Develop and maintain a detailed design system that spans multiple products and communicate those to developers and product managers.
- Measure the impact of research and recommendations using LightBox’s data, industry best practices, and measurement tools of your own creation.
- Enhance and expand existing user research techniques and practices to obtain in-dept knowledge from a broad spectrum of roles LightBox’s products cater to.
- Develop deep understand and empathy for our target customers, through a mixture of new or best practices that you identify to be most effective.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively within cross-functional teams that span design, product, engineering, and management.
- Solicit and accept feedback, weigh inputs and priorities, and take part in constructive dialogue to resolve healthy debates.
Who you are:
- BA/BS degree in graphic design, HCI, interaction design, or related field. May be substituted with significant industry experience and accomplishments.
- 5+ years of industry experience in product, web, and mobile UX design.
- Portfolio of shipped work demonstrating impactful senior UX level design work, with a deep understanding of human-centered design principles.
Key Knowledge & Skills
- Solid communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Ability to organize, plan and stay ahead of work.
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools.
- Work must consistently demonstrate a strong aesthetic judgment and training, in addition to exemplary UX skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Demonstrate LightBox Core Values (Clarity, Cooperation, Empowerment, Passion)
- Highly analytical, creative and problem-solving mindset.
- Excellent communicator
- Able to travel up to 20% of the time
This job description is a general listing of the required tasks and expectations of the position and in no way implies that the duties listed above are the employee’s only responsibilities. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, responsibilities and training as instructed by their supervisors. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position may require additional hours outside of the standard work schedule including occasional holiday, evening and/or weekend hours in order to meet deadlines or to accommodate customers.
\LightBox and all its holding companies are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of the LightBox and its holding companies to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS OR AGENCY SOLICITATION PLEASE.
Please mention that you come from WorkForThem
when applying for this job.