Founded in May 2015, Papier is a fast-growing, London-based start-up, which has raised ~£15 million since launch and is changing the face of online personalisation. Papier offers a sophisticated user experience and delivers beautifully designed products, on-demand and all over the world, from personalised greeting cards to wedding invitations and stationery.
Papier is looking for a Head of Print Design who will lead the print design, developing and create inspirational print designs that are aligned with the overall creative vision. You will be responsible for researching and conceptualising new print designs that set the trends within the design industry. You will propose new print ideas to create exciting and constantly evolving designs to be pushing forward brand all the time.
Working closely with the Design Director, you will be an essential part of establishing Papier’s in-house design handwriting that transforms Papier into a global stationery lifestyle brand.
- Delivering trendsetting print designs in a fast-paced environment and taking an active role in ensuring upcoming deadlines are met
- Maintaining an awareness of emerging trends and new ideas, and translating these into designs
- Coordinating and communicating seasonal print design concepts to the wider business team from creative, commercial to brand team
- Working alongside other designers and departments to assist in the development of new designs, and effectively communicating with the team throughout this process
- As part of the design team, lead to conceptual exploration including mood boards and sketches prior to the design of a collection.
- 7+ years Print Design experience
- Proven track record of producing trend-setting print designs
- A strong interest in print & stationery design with good knowledge of print techniques and print production
- Thorough attention to detail with excellent drawing and painting skills.
- Excellent design research skills
- Excellent Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign skills
- Detail orientated, organised & able to multi-task with good time management skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work as part of a team as well as individually
- Flexibility and willingness to react quickly to changing demands of the business
- Experience in hosting creative workshops is a plus
- Competitive salary
- Camden office location (the team are currently working from home due to Government restrictions)
- £40 per month cultural allowance (to spend on books, art & design magazines and more!)
- Friendly and fantastic team!
Please mention that you come from WorkForThem
when applying for this job.