Do you love to explore and experiment with new ideas? Do you want to be part of the re-start of the travelling industry and shape a product that can have a positive impact on millions of people, every day?
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
What you'll do:
- Create an amazing experience for millions of users.
- Work in a cross-functional team with passionate experts from various fields.
- Participate in architecture decisions and innovative feature development tasks.
- Support discovering and defining product improvements through your engagement in ideation.
- Be an ambassador for consistency, usability and accessibility of our product's interface.
- Stay up to date with current frameworks, tools, techniques and libraries.
- Ideating & implementing proof of concept applications for testing various new product ideas.
- Write clean, composable, and testable code.
Our Technology Stack:
- Preact (with Hooks)
- Apollo GraphQL (client and server)
- Tailwind CSS
What you'll need:
- Solid experience in code design and architecture to build and maintain scalable systems.
- A desire to constantly learn and improve- we will help you by providing external and internal trainings.
- An inquisitive, analytical mind and the capability to draw valuable insights from raw data.
- To be a team player and enjoy working with people.
- Strong interest in creating a great user experience.
What we´d love you to have:
- Hands- on experience in programming with TypeScript.
- Hands-on experience with Next.js
- Experience with GraphQL.
- Knowledge about accessibility and semantic HTML.
- Experience with Tailwind and CSS modules.
- You have hands-on experience on full-stack projects.
- You value and seek software performance optimization.
This job is not for you, if:
- Continuous learning and development doesn´t excite you.
- You don´t enjoy constant change and frequent organizational restructuring.
- You are a solo player.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Flexibility: On top of our self-determined working hours, we’re open to mobile work within Germany and encourage talents to split their time between home and our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf. Read more about our hybrid work model here.
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving initiatives thanks to our entrepreneurial mindset and horizontal workflow.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 80+ nations encourages mutual trust and offers diversity of perspectives.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
Please mention that you come from WorkForThem
when applying for this job.