Helping people navigate and experience the world around them Holmes Wood is a leading design company specialising in the creation of beautiful and effective design solutions that help people navigate and experience the world around them.
Blending aesthetics and function, our multi-disciplinary team of designers combine unique expertise to produce award-winning wayfinding, graphics, placemaking, information design, exhibition design, branded environments, print design and motion graphics.
Taking into consideration both the bigger picture and the granular detail, the team combines creative flair with commercial know-how to achieve maximum impact for clients.
We are a highly creative, energetic, nimble thinking, sociable, close knit team of people made up of graphic designers, information designers, product designers and design managers at all different levels.
You are a creative, talented and you’ll be a middleweight design manager passionate about design, the creative process and design thinking. You are a strategic thinker capable of applying insights to all design disciplines, assisting the team in the delivery of wayfinding and environmental projects. You are analytical, logical and practical.
You are able to work with direction from the senior design managers, have strong communication skills and the confidence to both present ideas and get involved in all stages of the creative process, from ideation, to production, and implementation.
- Provide support in design management of projects with direction from the senior design manager, with a particular strength in managing graphic design and infographic design for wayfinding projects.
- Assist in the management of the delivery of projects, from concept through to final design and delivery with the support from more senior members of staff. This includes assisting in developing presentations for both internal and external meetings and presentations.
- Assist in development of wayfinding strategies.
Able to understand built environment and use information gathered on site back in the studio.
Be responsible for plotting sign locations, and developing content across a scheme for each sign.
Develop and maintain wayfinding packs and schedules.
- Product knowledge including knowledge of print and fabrication techniques.
Knowledge of CAD / 3D software.
Ability to support with developing documents for tender.
Ability to read and work with Architectural plans.
Experience of working with document control systems for architectural projects.
- Assist in the management of any procurement, liaising with contractors, ensuring all work produced is of the highest quality whilst providing value for money.
- Work collaboratively with the 3d designers to ensure work is fully co-ordinated.
- Deliver work according to an agreed timescale and be able to work on multiple projects.
- Participate and contribute in brainstorming/design sprints, conduct any relevant research for projects, add insight and value and assist in achieving studio and project goals.
- Be flexible and able to take direction, feedback and observations with a positive attitude.
- Maintain all records and files relating to the design work on any particular project.
Qualities and essential skills
- Design obsessive, aware of best practice in industry but driven to advance our understanding of its potential
- Ability to effectively present ideas
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- High level of interpersonal communication skills
- Time management including the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of DDA guidelines and best practice principles
- Excellent computer knowledge, minimum Adobe Creative Suite
Please mention that you come from WorkForThem
when applying for this job.