Buxton is currently seeking a Product Designer who can help design a variety of different software products for an exciting and fast-paced customer analytics company. Our design team focuses on improvements for existing technology products for both mobile and web applications as well as new and innovative products. You will be working directly leadership, developers, and key stakeholders to help bring the team's ideas to life.
What you’ll do
- Partner with product and engineering to identify requirements, use cases, and user journeys for Buxton’s professional products
- Illustrate and communicate complex design solutions across uses cases by creating process flows, wireframes, motion studies, prototypes, and high fidelity mock-ups
- Collaborate with engineering throughout the product development life-cycle to iterate on and deliver a user experience that meets the highest quality bar
- Develop and maintain detailed design documentation including specifications, redlines, and style guides
- Regularly present your work to senior leaders for review and feedback
- Designing excellent responsive web experiences including grids, typography, graphics, photography and icons.
- Ensuring a consistent experience between channels and devices.
- Evolving and maintaining UI guidelines including colors, icons, typographic specifications, graphic, photographic and motion concepts as well as other relevant elements.
- Critique and improve the work of your peers and incorporate their critique into your own designs.
- Build high-fidelity web prototypes and iterate based on user insights.
- Translate business goals, product requirements, research and testing insights into highly desirable, intuitive products.
- Help install a design culture in the company as a whole - we want everyone to value and understand the role of design.
What you bring
- 4+ years of experience as a UI/UX or Product Designer in a software or SaaS environment.
- Experience building or maintaining a design system.
- Experience conducting or leading user research (surveys, user testing, card sorting, affinity mapping, etc).
- You have a passion for your craft, love the journey of discovery through iteration, and have relentlessly high standards.
- Experience with Figma (or similar to Figma or Sketch).
- A portfolio demonstrating your passion for simple, intuitive, and beautiful user-centered designs.
- Strong communication and presentation skills that allow you to communicate and defend complex design ideas clearly and persuasively and influence peers and leaders.
- Fluency in UX, visual and interactive design best practices along with a strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
Nice to haves
- Enterprise software experience
- Experience working in a design team
- Experience leading the design of a product
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Remote-first Culture
Here at Buxton, we believe strongly that we benefit from diversity and encourage applicants from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We value inclusion and welcome diverse viewpoints. Upon hire, a successful background check is required. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Please mention that you come from WorkForThem
when applying for this job.