Rockbot is the first platform to seamlessly combine TV, Music, and Digital Signage into one simple interface enabling businesses of all sizes to easily control their guest experience. We power in-location media for dozens of industries: Fitness (EX: Planet Fitness), Retail (EX: Neiman Marcus), Hotels (EX: Intercontinental), Restaurants (EX: Buffalo Wild Wings), major airports and SMBs everywhere. Rockbot is backed by Google, Universal Music, and Dan Gilbert.
Our product team is a small, tight group in which everyone has a massive contribution to the success of our company. We’re starting to grow quickly and are looking for an experienced product designer that can confidently contribute in a variety of ways and own projects from start to finish. In this role, you will work closely with our engineering and product management teams to create exceptional experiences across our web, mobile, and TV touchpoints.
Projects you might work on
- Lead design process for new marketing toolset in the Rockbot dashboard, ensuring it is aligned with project scope and consistent with existing UI patterns.
- Design interactive setup flow for display hardware that powers Rockbot TV and Digital Signage.
- Research mobile app usage and identify ways to improve key flows.
What you’ll do
- Contribute across all phases of the design process on projects that may touch mobile, web, or TV.
- Work closely with Product Managers and Developers throughout discovery and development processes, ready to adapt with feedback.
- Identify process improvements that improve team communication and efficiency.
- Manage updates to Rockbot’s design systems to incorporate feature releases from Figma that will improve team efficiency.
- Help grow the design team by helping hire and mentor other designers
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years of product design experience
- Experience working on complex business dashboards
- Ability to distill expansive user needs into simple interfaces
- Always aware of the broader system, even when focused on the details
- Comfortable working independently and finding paths forward
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
Nice to haves
- Proven experience conducting qualitative and quantitative research to inform your design work
- Able to comprehend and converse with developers on core engineering concepts
- Prior experience with enterprise B2B products
- Prior work at a startup
- Convenient HQ location steps from 12th Street BART in Downtown Oakland
- Competitive salary + stock options
- Full health, vision and dental coverage
- Flexible time off policy
- Flexible remote work policy
- Healthy work / life balance is encouraged
Please mention that you come from WorkForThem
when applying for this job.