We are looking for an exceptional Product Designer to join Save My Exams’ Product team.
This role is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing, profitable Edtech company and shape an industry-leading product that students, parents, and teachers love. In a few short years, Save My Exams has grown to almost 30,000 paying subscribers by building an exceptional product that helps users achieve better grades.
As our first Product Designer, you will collaborate closely with our engineers and Product Manager to solve customer problems and achieve the best user experience possible while driving business outcomes.
This is the role for you if:
- You want to be challenged to create the best user experience & designs for our customers
- You enjoy working in an empowered Product team that focuses on outcomes, not outputs
- You take pride in the quality of your work and have exceptionally high attention to detail
- You are passionate about education and are excited to be a part of a company that impacts millions of students all over the world
- You are positive, proactive, and open-minded
- You’re a team player, comfortable working with others and independently, holding yourself and others accountable
- You embrace critical feedback and always seek opportunities to reflect on your performance
- Weekly gathering of customer insights through 1:1 interviews, qualitative & quantitative surveys, and data analysis
- Using these insights to explore the problem space with an unwavering focus on high-impact outcomes
Delivery & rapid prototyping:
- Managing the full design cycle from creating initial prototypes to producing best-in-class UX and UI designs
- Using customer feedback to quickly iterate on prototypes and come up with the best solution
- Ensuring that the final designs are responsive, on-brand, and deliver an exceptional experience for our users while driving business outcomes
- Defining and owning our visual identity across all aspects of our product
Hopefully, you’ll have some or all of the following:
- Experience working as an end-to-end Product Designer
- Experienced in gathering customer insights, running user interviews, etc.
- Strong understanding of both user experience & visual design best practices
- In-depth knowledge of design & prototyping tools
- Comfortable working in small cross-functional teams consisting of engineers and Product Managers
- A commercial mindset that combines achieving critical business outcomes with creating an exceptional user experience
- Motivated by being a key stakeholder in a small but rapidly growing business, with full ownership of the design process
Some extra skills and experiences that would be great:
- Scale-up background, working for a fast-growing B2C brand
Working for a fast-growing, bootstrapped education company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice.
Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and opportunities.
Here’s what we offer:
- Competitive annual salary, dependent on experience & skills
- Profit share bonus (paid annually)
- 28 days annual leave
- Pension contribution
- Remote, flexible working, including when you start & end your day. Work from home or wherever you want. We’re UK-based but with team members all over the world
- The opportunity to work with an amazing team: we’re a diverse, talented, and friendly bunch who love what we do
- The chance to learn and develop new skills as part of an exciting, growing Edtech company – we’re always learning and we’ll support you to do the same too
- A friendly, positive, and inclusive team culture – we’re driven to work hard but we also have fun, with weekly Zoom fitness classes and whole company coffee coolers
- Most importantly – a real opportunity to positively influence millions of students with the products you create
Here’s an overview of our hiring process, so that you know what to expect:
- Application form
- Phone screen
- Online interviews
- Case study presentation
Please mention that you come from WorkForThem
when applying for this job.