Sandbag is a leading independent global merchandise company priding itself on creating innovative and original art and design for clients primarily focused on the entertainment sector. We are looking for two roles to work within our design team.
These roles involve working across a broad client base to design creative merchandising and product ranges for worldwide touring, e-commerce, retail, licensing, and events. Liaising with account managers and production and tour departments to ensure creative briefs are followed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Manage the creation of artwork appropriate to the project, keeping abreast of current design, fashion & cultural trends, and artwork styles. Work with a broad client base and the internal team to create designs that appeases all parties, balancing the fulfilment of the creative direction along with the feasibility of manufacture in product ranges for
worldwide touring, e-commerce, and retail.
- Develop a clear understanding of manufacturing restrictions to make sure we only offer what we can deliver. Research new and innovative product ideas. Develop a clear understanding of print processes and research new trends and techniques.
- Following projects from initial concepts through to launch; including product shoots, promotional materials, and webstore design, with the creation of both animated and static social content.
- Skilled in illustration and digital drawing and can create original artwork in diverse styles, creating engaging on brand graphics and prints. As well as the ability to use and adapt supplied or found assets in creative ways.
- Ensure all text-based print artwork is double checked by production and tour lead whether it be production, design, or tour department as appropriate.
- Create presentation pdfs that follow the current output, following templates and style guides.
- Create print ready art files in the appropriate format with accompanying spec sheets.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to balance and prioritise tasks working to multiple deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
- Coordinate and/or attend design meetings with production department intended as a way of pooling new fashion trends and design ideas.
- Ensuring art request forms are completed and sent back to the account manager (or person making the request) and correctly filed.
- Update and maintain online storage with art files organised as decided.
- Put together a personal portfolio of original artwork for use on our future online resource.
A passion for art, music, design and fashion and a minimum of two years’ experience in the
- Proficiency in adobe software (creative suite)
- Essential - Photoshop, Illustrator& In design.
- Advantageous - After Effects & Premiere Pro
- Industry experience in apparel print and graphics
- Degree in relevant field (Graphic Design, Illustration, Fashion or similar) – Advantageous
- An engaging design portfolio demonstrating a range of original design work
PLEASE STATE WHEN SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION WHETHER YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE SENIOR OR JUNIOR ROLE. SALARY TO BE DISCUSSED BASED ON EXPERIENCE.
Please mention that you come from WorkForThem
when applying for this job.