Job ref.: PKMT/09/21. Knox is looking for a dynamic and experienced web developer to join the marketing team and be based at Head Office in the Lake District.
Knox is an established sportswear company that designs and produces innovative and modern clothing, protection, gloves and other accessories for the motorcycle market.
Role and Responsibilities
This role will suit a hands-on multi-disciplined designer, who is ambitious and innovative and wants to develop within a management team. Fantastic web design and UX skills is a must and very experienced at building and managing brand websites and confident in making decisions.
The role will involve but is not exclusive to:
- Leading web development.
- Being responsible for the design, layout, and coding of all company websites, including a B2B site.
- Managing the technical and graphic aspects of all brand websites; how the sites work and how they look.
- Being responsible for the day to day managing, maintenance and updating of existing sites.
- Responsible for a large part of the company's graphic design, including marketing campaigns, brochures and POS.
Web Developer responsibilities include:
- Executing all visual design stages from concept ideas to implementation whilst bringing simplicity and user-friendliness to what can be complex roadblocks.
- Communicating design ideas using site maps, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Improving the design of the company websites via best practices and creative solutions.
- Designing and building pages and websites in line with brand guidelines.
- Working with WordPress CMS and WooCommerce Plugin to maintain a strong brand identity and improve sales.
- Assist in integration with 3rd party systems and vendors to improve companywide automation and streamline processes.
- UX design, using A/B testing and reporting for continuous improvement of services.
- Create and iterate content for services that makes complex language and processes easy to understand.
- Using data and user feedback to define and refine content.
- Design, create and launch campaigns for products and services, including E-Newsletters, Blogs and Landing pages.
Skills and Experience required:
- 5+ years’ experience in a web development role.
- Proven experience as a Web Designer with strong UI design skills for a range of devices.
- Create code that works consistently across different browsers and platforms.
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, sitemaps, and functional prototypes.
- Up to date with the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies.
- Good understanding of Content Management System.
- Up-to-date experience with international web protocols, standards, and technologies.
- Strong grasp of SEO principles.
- Maintaining hosting platform for optimal site performance.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates conceptual thinking, strong visual design and type skills and experience working across a variety of digital and print projects.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and InDesign.
- A Knowledge of Sage or similar would be advantageous.
- Must take a proactive role in mastering any new skills required to complete the job
- The candidate must be a leader, organised, self-motivated, have good attention to detail, a great attitude and a strong work ethic.
- Excellent literacy and strong communication skills.
The company is not offering visas or sponsorship opportunities at present. The candidate must have the legal right to work within the UK.
Please mention that you come from WorkForThem
when applying for this job.