HumanCentric is seeking an experienced Graphic Designer / Art Director to help shape the future of our brand and execute the day-to-day design responsibilities that tell the story of our products. This broad (strategic and tactical) role includes the development of brand standards and guidelines for visual assets, art direction for photo shoots and renderings, management of contract designers, designing content for our website, marketplace listings, email marketing, social media posts, and more. You will be the visual storyteller that helps us communicate our vision to the world.
You will be Employee #11, and our first full-time designer. (We are not interested in agencies or freelancers.)
HumanCentric was founded in 2015 and is a profitable, high-growth, eCommerce brand. We design and manufacture our own line of products that help customers create a well-designed and comfortable workspace in their office or home office. We ship tens of thousands of products each month to customers around the world, and are run by a small and driven team who makes it all come together. (We are preparing to launch a new line of design-first products that we’re extremely excited about!)
Who We're Looking For
To be a great fit for this job, you must have...
- Proven experience designing a wide range of content for a physical product company.
- A knack for interior design (you’ll be the art director for creating beautiful content showcasing our vision for the home office).
- The creativity to accomplish a lot with less. We have built our company on the belief that the right person can deliver world-class results with minimal resources.
- The ability to work both quickly and methodically. You create tremendous amounts of accurate, finished work much faster than other people you work with. You don't leave any "loose ends" when you finish your work.
- Familiarity with photography techniques. Photography skills are a plus.
- A positive attitude and the ability to tackle large tasks with ease.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extremely good organizational skills and careful attention to detail.
- The desire to work in a lean, small-company environment.
Had you been with us last month, you would have....
- Art directed the rendering of multiple home office layouts for our new website launch
- Worked with our eCommerce and Product teams to create marketing content for new products
- Worked on our website redesign and brand refresh
- Directed multiple product photography shoots for new products
If you work with us, within the next two years it’s likely that you’ll...
- Be responsible for consistently raising the bar for our design standards
- Hire a team to support you
- Have creative input to the product design process for dozens of new products
- Have your content showcasing our products featured on sites like Gear Patrol, Uncrate, and similar sites
- Lead a full design refresh for our website, product content, and marketing materials
Qualities that will make you a good fit for HumanCentric
- Technology Fluency. You can learn a new application faster than almost anyone around you.
- Independence and Efficiency. You get things done faster than your peers, and are always improving your execution. You have the right information at your fingertips because you planned in advance. You can independently manage a huge backlog by identifying actions from high-level objectives and prioritizing intelligently. You follow through on all your commitments, on time.
- Humility. If it’s part of running and building the business, nothing is outside your job description. And that’s something you value and appreciate.
- Respect. We treat customers, vendors, and each other with tremendous respect and sincere appreciation. They are people first, and business partners second.
- Balanced Intensity. You approach your work with intensity, but you're an easy person to be around.
- Clear Communication. Clear, concise, and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Comprehensive health and dental plan
- 401k plan with company match
- Awesome, flexible paid vacation policy
- Fully remote team
- Work closely with a small, experienced team (including the CEO) and gain exposure to all aspects of running a global products company and eCommerce brand
To all recruitment agencies: HumanCentric does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, HumanCentric employees or any other company location.
HumanCentric is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Please mention that you come from WorkForThem
when applying for this job.