Senior Digital Product Designer (UX/UI)
We want to travel into the future and bring back the most revolutionary digital experiences that we can find. Unfortunately we might not actually be able to do that, and we’ll have to use our imaginations (and research) instead.
As a Digital Product Designer (UX/UI) you will drive user research, advocate for user experience design best practices and keep up with new technology and cultural trends, to design digital products that change the world (by being useful, intuitive, inclusive, relevant and meaningful to the users).
You are curious, open-minded and have an innate talent to empathise with users and understand their needs, motivations, and individual contexts. You enjoy problem-solving and can easily zoom through different layers of detail and complexity, from looking at the end-to-end user experience, to diving into specific micro-interactions. You bridge the gap between technology and people, thinking beyond the latest gadgets and gimmicks to make tech that makes things better.
In practical terms, here's the kind of thing you might get up to:
Senior designers within our Digital Product team are responsible for researching user needs and motivations; translating design and logic briefs into digital concepts, prototypes, user flows, wireframes and other artefacts; validating designs with end users; and delivering high fidelity designs and UI design documentation that will help guide the development of user centric digital products and experiences.
This will include the following:
- Research and analyse customer needs, motivations, expectations and propensities – using both qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Conduct market trends benchmarking and competitors analysis to inform data-driven designs.
- Plan and lead co-creation workshops with different client stakeholders and partners to understand business needs, highlight dependencies across multi-channel touch points, and identify technical requirements and limitations.
- Design digital experiences that work in the broader customer context, and build bridges between digital and physical touch-points.
- Work closely with other designers (service, experience, business design) to realise relevant touch points across the end-to-end journey.
- Guide the creation of varying levels of fidelity prototypes to test and validate holistic experiences as well as isolated assumptions.
- Direct the creation of wireframes, user flows diagrams, navigation models, information and content architecture, application maps… and other design artefacts to explain and guide development.
- Support the definition of development roadmaps, help prioritise MVP features and build a backlog.
- Provide creative direction and guidance for the definition and maintenance of Design Systems.
- Conduct user testing sessions to improve usability, desirability and sustainability of the end product.
- Drive operational excellence and efficiency, delivering appropriate design quality within budget and timelines.
- Articulate design decision making to stakeholders in a clear, concise and impactful way.
- Provide design leadership and support to other designers within the greater organisation.
In addition, you will get to be part of Veriteer's exciting adventure.
- We want to walk the talk, and demonstrate what good really looks like. This means fully engaging in our CX initiatives, contributing original thinking to our voice in the market and driving innovation in how we advise on, and do, commerce.
- You will be working as part of a talented, diverse, cross-functional project team at both brand sites and in our offices.
- The dynamic nature of our work means that your tasks can vary, sometimes day-to-day, and include workshop facilitation, preparation of documents and presentations, delivery of training and more.
- We need passionate and ambitious designers that can be the tip of the arrow on all of our work, both internally and for partner brands.
The bit about you.
As Senior Digital Product Designer (UX/UI) at Veriteer, you will need to demonstrate experience as follows:
- At least 6 years of experience working as a user experience designer, interaction designer, digital designer, digital product designer, or similar job role;
- An understanding of quantitative (surveys, transaction analysis, web analytics, customer segmentation, heat-maps, A/B testing, etc.) and qualitative methods (contextual interviews, participant observation, mobile ethnography, etc.);
- An understanding of customer experience disciplines and designing for omni-channel experiences;
- Experience leading complex, large scale and multiple simultaneous projects with decentralised teams;
- A natural storyteller, able to articulate complex matters clearly to outsiders and provide practical and tactical design direction;
- Strong stakeholder management;
- Creativity, problem solving ability and an innovative mindset;
- Fluent in a wide range of design processes, methodology and deliverables;
- A portfolio displaying different design outputs: customer journey maps, storyboards, wireframes, interaction flows, prototypes, high fidelity designs and design systems - this really is a must.
- An understanding of agile methodologies, and design sprints.
- Experience coaching and mentoring other designers;
- Experience coordinating day-to-day activities in order to maintain high design standards.
We would also love it if you have:
- Experience and comfort in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- A self-motivated positive and achiever attitude.
- Passion for tackling complex problems.
- Curiosity to keep learning new tools and keep up with new trends.
Experience aside, we know what it takes to be a Veriteer. If the above sounds like you and the people you want to work with, then Veriteer will feel like home, so get in touch.
The bit about us.
Veriteer is a Customer Experience design consultancy on a journey of rapid expansion. We partner with the world’s biggest brands and high-growth startups to set customer-focused strategies, create successful customer experiences, and enable the delivery of ground-breaking initiatives.
It's not easy to be a Veriteer, we're doing the stuff that no one else can do. So bringing someone new into the family is always our biggest decision, and our biggest investment.
We come in all shapes and sizes, but we all back each other in our quest for the incredible.
This means we share a number of key characteristics:
- We always believe that there is a better way;
- We are the calm in the storm; and
- We have a redoubtable will and an indomitable spirit.
The small print.
- You must be able to work in the EU with no visa requirements or restrictions and have no existing preclusion from working in the USA.
- You must be flexible to travel, including internationally.
- You will be provided with all technology, insurances and expenses to enable you to perform your duties as expected.
- Membership of a professional body is not required, but all professional certifications and memberships should be detailed in your application for this post.
- You must declare up front, any restrictions on the nature of work that you can perform, including any brand-specific covenants that would limit your ability to work for them.
- Please note that have locations across Europe and the UK, so if this role is not in the right location for you, then contact us anyway and see what we can offer.
- 25 days’ annual leave.
- Flexible work environment.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Employee Wellbeing Service.
- A strong focus on training and development
- A range of rewards and perks, including our famous ‘birthday wheel of fortune’.
- Working as part of an amazing international team with regular social events.
- Building a career in a high-growth global business.
Please mention that you come from WorkForThem
when applying for this job.