Bloom is a new company incubated by Eido Studios in San Diego, CA. We’re looking for a seasoned Product UI Designer with experience building native iOS mobile applications and user experiences to be one of the first members of our team. You'll be here from the beginning and help us define and design our product as we take it from napkin sketch to shipping app.
We're building an app that combines the magic of the human voice with a fun and delightful way to learn more about the people in your life, particularly your family and friends. It empowers you to capture and preserve knowledge, memories, and personalities that would otherwise be lost. In a way, it saves people. Together, we think we can save everyone — one person at a time.
This is a fully remote position and will be a full-time contract to start, with the opportunity to transition to an employee as the company grows.
About the job
We believe in generalists at Bloom. We're looking for someone with the interest and skill to contribute across all areas of product design, but with an emphasis on UI and visual design. You’ll be the primary person responsible for bringing the vision of Bloom to life in a simple and delightful way. You’ll work together with our founder and developers to shape the product’s feature set, define the user experience, and design the user interface — from the wireframes, to the interactions, to the final visuals and animations of the interface.
What you’ll do
- Craft delightful and dynamic iOS mobile app interfaces that bring Bloom's feature set to life
- Drive our end-to-end UI design process from napkin sketches, to wireframes, to final high-fidelity deliverables ready for launch
- Work closely with our founder and CEO to shape Bloom’s vision, product strategy, feature set, and UX
- Create prototypes and high-fidelity visuals to clearly communicate interactions and motion to the rest of the team
- Execute final, “pixel perfect” UI designs and package, spec, and prep them for development
- Work with development to ensure your designs are executed and implemented in a way that realizes your vision
- Obsessively check the product for visual perfection, and provide detailed feedback to development where things need fixing
- Shape our design culture and define our tools and processes as the first member of our design team
- Do all of this in a startup environment with limited resources 😀
What you’ll bring
- A passion for building great products that make people happy
- 5+ years of experience as a iOS product designer in the consumer/social space, ideally on one or more apps available in Apple's App Store
- Familiarity with what is possible in modern iOS development and of the design and interaction patterns and trends of the platform
- Experience working closely with a team to develop and iterate on your designs from low-fidelity mockups, to high-fidelity deliverables, to shipping code
- Strong visual/UI design skills, including knowledge of layout, typography, color, and visual hierarchy
- Strong motion and interaction design skills, including how to create dynamic and engaging user interfaces, and experience with tools like Lottie and After Effects
- Experience designing for accessibility, especially using the native tools of iOS (e.g., Dynamic Type)
- Experience with Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator and other design and prototyping tools
- An obsession with the details: you know little details create the big picture, and have a near pathological desire to fix typos, misaligned elements, incorrect tints, and mistimed animations
- Fantastic verbal and written communication skills (with English fluency equivalent to a native speaker). You write your own draft copy in your design mocks, and know that good communication is table stakes in our new remote world
- A comfort with being a manager of one and working remotely from home
- A domicile located within or between the Pacific and Eastern time zones
Bonus points for...
- Experience writing code and developing iOS user interfaces (or at least a knowledge of SwiftUI and UIKit that allows you to shape your designs to match their capabilities and constraints)
- Experience designing social games
- Experience with UX design
- Experience designing interfaces for Android and mobile web
- Other design skills in areas such as sound design, illustration, branding, web design, or video 🦄
- A nerd-level passion for audio and sound in general
Please include with your application
- A portfolio of UI design work on which you were the primary designer
- Your CV or LinkedIn profile
- A few words about why Bloom is interesting to you
About Eido Studios
Eido Studios builds new companies. We are product designers and entrepreneurs with decades of experience aiming to build the next big thing. Our studio companies are ambitious, product-driven, and hype-free. http://eidostudios.com
Please mention that you come from WorkForThem
when applying for this job.