Job ref.: BBDD2021. Hello. We are Baxter & Bailey. A design-led, digitally focused, creative agency based in Brighton. We are motivated by design and communications that make a difference and work for brands that want to make a positive impact in the world.
Our studio is growing with some brilliant new clients, projects and opportunities.
This is the perfect opportunity for an ambitious Digital Director wanting to grow and lead a digital team within an exceptionally-able, successful and progressive creative agency.
Full-time or 4 days per week. Flexible working hours. Combination of working from home and at our Brighton studio. Salary, £40,000 to £50,000 per annum dependent on experience.
About you and the role
You will be joining the Baxter & Bailey Senior Management Team with responsibility to deliver outstanding digital projects for our clients, motivate and inspire our team, and grow the digital side of the agency.
You are capable of winning, planning, leading and working on a broad range of digital projects, especially those relating to brand identity programmes, brand development projects and campaigns.
You can write brilliant proposals, reports, internal communications and correspondence.
You can provide constructive, clear and motivating feedback.
You have solid financial awareness and are able to apply this to digital projects.
You have excellent digital knowledge and design interpretation skills. You are right up to date with the latest developments in the digital world and share this with our clients and team.
You are a good listener; excellent communicator; confident and compelling presenter; skilful negotiator; motivating and compassionate manager; natural collaborator and team player.
You have great relationship building skills and are capable of applying rigorous processes to make positive progress on projects and see new business opportunities.
You remain calm and focused when things get challenging.
Below is a breakdown of key responsibilities for the role. You may feel confident in all of these areas. But it’s okay if you don’t. We still want to hear from you if you feel you’ve got around 70% of these.
New business and client development (Guide: 30% of role)
- Work with the Senior Management Team to ensure that all clients are kept up to date with relevant activities and developments for our digital work in order to ensure client confidence, build brand profile and develop new opportunities.
- Work with clients to understand their business needs and goals and inform their thinking about the best approaches and solutions to digital challenges.
- Proactively network with digital communities, share knowledge and research findings to build relationships with our team, freelancers and clients.
Team leadership and Project management (Guide: 40% of role)
- Keeping the Senior Management Team updated on the progress of all digital projects. Managing people’s workload and feeding into weekly planning meetings.
- Awareness of the financial status and profitability of digital projects to inform necessary actions.
- Proactive day-to-day management of digital projects, monitoring budget, schedules and quality standards.
- Nurture productive relationships with clients, our team and external partners. This means being approachable, reliable and responsive.
- Work with the Senior Management Team to agree priorities for digital projects, communicate client feedback where appropriate and help Developers and Designers to understand client requirements.
Digital development (Guide: 30% of role)
- Ensure all digital development is conceived, produced and delivered to an excellent standard.
- Support the digital team with a wide range of project challenges. Helping troubleshoot and resolve issues and barriers to project progress.
- Review, agree and implement best practice digital processes. From devising digital strategies and facilitating workshops covering scoping, user journeys, security, speed, responsiveness, accessibility, wireframes, prototyping, build, testing, archiving and backup.
- Oversee appropriate and rigorous testing for all of our digital output.
- High awareness and capability in applying digital accessibility standards and legal requirements.
- Devise and oversee best practice for handover and training for client teams upon delivery of websites and digital communications.
- Be open to new developments and changes in the digital world and assess what could benefit our digital offer and output.
- Company culture and benefits
- We adopt a coaching culture. You can rely on other company Directors and team members to support you. Equally, the team can rely on you for your support and specialist expertise.
We fully embrace collaboration in everything we do to deliver outstanding design and digital work.
We are committed to your learning, development and wellbeing, with a number of professional partners, courses and events available.
We value and respect all differences in all people and aspire to inclusive working experiences and an environment that reflects the clients we work for. All our team have equal access to career development opportunities, their voices are heard and can contribute to our future. Our Equality and Diversity policy can be read here.
We strive to be a sustainable enterprise and communicate our commitment to sustainability to our team, clients, suppliers and wider audiences. We are currently working towards B Corp certification. Our Sustainability policy can be read here.
The studio closes over the Christmas period. Including Christmas Eve.
Your birthday is a holiday. Happy Birthday.
We have an all team studio lunch every other Friday where we work our way through the menus of Brighton’s finest eateries and have a chat.
Our 180 initiative gives each team member two half days per year to do something inspiring that’s completely different to their normal routine.
We have two annual all-team parties. One in the Summer and one in the Winter. Never knowingly not been great and all suggestions on what to do next time are welcome.
Our Monday morning meeting gets the week off to an energetic start. We make some strong coffee, talk about the weekend and the week ahead. It’s a great way to start the week together.
If you are interested in this opportunity please contact us expressing why you’d like to work with Baxter & Bailey to email@example.com
Please include a covering email which briefly describes (in 500 words or less) why you’d like to build and lead a digital team with us, alongside a current CV saved as a PDF.
Applications close at 6pm on Friday 29th October 2021.
Please mention that you come from WorkForThem
when applying for this job.