STRV Labs is building a fully web-based multiplayer strategy game, and we need a 3D Art Generalist to join us in making it the blockchain game we’re convinced the world is ready for.
As the first 3D Artist joining us in the earliest stages of the project, you will be helping us define the key aesthetics of this entire world. The characters, props, environment… your range of skills and creativity will be a valuable contribution to the overall game design. The more ideas you bring to the table, the better. Your impact is in your hands.
About The Game
- Turn-based multiplayer strategy game (imagine a multiplayer version of Fire Emblem: Three Houses).
- Space western theme, stylized/low-poly aesthetics.
- Fully web-based (WebGL, Three.js) in order to stay close to the NFT ecosystem.
About The Blockchain
- Blockchain technology has the potential to unlock new ways of enabling players to participate in creating the game via contribution, ownership and revenue share.
- We will explore new ways to utilize non-fungible tokens to develop a rich system of player-owned objects (weapons, props, cosmetic upgrades) which can be combined to create new unique items.
- We will design and build a web-based level editor and reward creators/modders with a revenue share from their custom-level design.
- Pioneers like Decentraland or Cryptovoxels have demonstrated what is possible. But the blockchain world is still waiting for a truly deep game experience.
- Ability to create a system of low-poly game assets including characters, props and environments.
- Ability to come up with original ideas (based on short briefs and mood boards).
- Ability to iterate rapidly, providing a variety of ideation options for any subject.
- Knowledge of visual principles like animation, lighting and effects and how they relate specifically to game development is a plus.
- Active interest in creating concept art is a plus.
- Please include a link to your portfolio.
- Lead asset creation for use throughout the game including characters, props and environments.
- Actively contribute to the art direction of the game.
- Own and maintain the system of 3D artwork.
- Work with engineers, make sure they’re well informed, come up with creative solutions when technical challenges emerge.
- Present in English during internal meetings (and, potentially, at STRV community events and meetups).
Key Benefits Of Your STRV Labs Role
- Join the team early on, help us define the key aesthetics including characters, props and environment, and contribute to the overall game design.
- Apply your ambition and build a defining blockchain game.
- Use 3D software of your choice (Blender, Cinema 4D, etc.)
- Work directly with the STRV founding team.
Perks & Benefits Of STRV
- The latest version of MacBook Pro, iPhone, and everything else you need (non-Apple devices available as well).
- An award-winning office, terrace, Event Space, chill zones and a BBQ grill.
- Free snacks and fruits, free lunch on Mondays, free breakfast on Fridays.
- Xbox, foosball, pool table and ping-pong.
- Rooftop bar to chill out during the day and party at night (free beer on tap)!
- Community events, meetups, etc.
- Well-equipped gym and many sport classes.
- Multisport card to access sports facilities in town.
- No office hours and no micro-management.
- Language lessons.
Please mention that you come from WorkForThem
when applying for this job.