This role will provide in-house design support for teams across Comic Relief, working on a range of on and offline design executions, application of CR’s visual brand, managing internal stakeholder relationships and providing studio administrative support.
- Working with the Lead Designer, creating designs, artwork and assets for a variety of creative projects, including marketing projects and campaigns, advertising, branding, printed comms, email, web and merchandise.
- Creating designs and artwork of the highest standard within the specified guidelines, and adapting based on feedback.
- Checking proofs and ensuring all files are saved and archived according to job numbers and campaign/project title
- Identifying and developing solutions to streamline workflow processes
- Follow the creative sign off process and ensure all work has been proof read and signed off by the Creative Director and key client stakeholder
Visual brand responsibility
- Ensuring that all designs and artwork work are delivered according to brand and corporate identity guidelines.
- Formatting text and images to stylesheets and preparing print ready artwork files for printers.
- Provide an administrative support role; logging all incoming briefs, raising job/ PO numbers/print codes and saving briefs and projects to online work folders.
- Work with internal project managers to set realistic timelines and budgets for design work.
- Oversee project set up processes in accordance with the internal creative briefing process, including overseeing freelancer timesheets (in accordance with IR35).
- Able to advise on procurement and hold supplier relationships – for example for printed materials.
- Acting as a guardian of Comic Relief’s creative server and creative applications, ensuring freelancers are saving work correctly and that our applications, logos, font library and systems are accessible and fit for purpose
- Experience in a similar busy studio, creating, preparing, proofing and checking (print ready and multi-channel) artwork.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Great organisational skills.
- Good time management
- An ability to work on a number of projects at any time.
- Good Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Experience dealing with printers and suppliers
- Experience working with freelance designers and creatives
- Ability to proof read
Perks and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home option
- Wellness programs
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Paid emergency leave
- Sabbatical Opportunities
- Professional development
- Paid volunteer days
- Payroll giving
- Team social events
- Extracurricular clubs
- Cycle to work scheme
To apply please visit our website via the link and apply online.
Closing: 12:00pm, 28th Oct 2021 BST
Inclusivity at Comic Relief
We recognise diversity and inclusion are a source of strength in achieving our mission. We therefore welcome everyone, trusting what makes us different brings creativity, styles and experiences to help us collectively do our best work. That’s regardless of your gender, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, and cultural identity. We especially welcome those from under-represented groups in modern grant-making and fundraising. We are on a journey, but if you join our team you will be part of a community that is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where we want you to:
- Be valued for being yourself
- Do your best work, and be supported to break down barriers so you can succeed
- Be heard, respected, and treated as an equal, whatever your level, experience or background
- Be part of a team that is committed to making this happen – with our colleagues, partners, and contributors.
Comic Relief is committed to preventing and protecting all people from harm in their interactions with us. We expect all those that act in our name to uphold our approach to doing no harm.
Please mention that you come from WorkForThem
when applying for this job.