We're looking for a passionate and skilled team player to join the Boardriders eCommerce team as Sr. UX Interaction Designer and report directly to our Director of UI/UX. This person will help bring Boardriders brands and products to life through elegant and simple online shopping journeys. To be successful in this role you will have experience using a combination of design sense, user feedback, quantitative insights, forward-thinking aesthetics, and industry best practices. You will be comfortable working closely with cross-functional teams to influence product strategy and rally them around elegant, innovative solutions that add value for our users. Join our growing eCommerce team, working across 8 lifestyle brands in a global role. In this newly created position you’ll have considerable influence and ownership in building systems from scratch, providing you with job satisfaction as you see your hard work come to life.
Your Duties and Responsibilities will Include:
• Execute on all phases of the design process—from wireframing concepts and mocks to final hand-off to engineering and design QA.
• Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and stakeholders to understand requirements, and provide creative, thoughtful solutions and build concise user-centric visions and journeys.
• Apply a data-driven approach driven by user research and best practices, conduct refinements and improvements
• Understands the end user and helps provide an informed perspective on the right user experience, level of fidelity needed for design and testing, research needs, etc.
• Use existing design systems and standards and work to improve these systems and standards when necessary
• Perform complex UI/UX product evaluations, develop standards and guidelines, and assist in designing and developing on-brand reusable components to be used across projects.
• Ensure deliverables are detailed enough for implementation through a deep understanding of modern FED (e.g. dynamic content, checkout scenarios, form behavior).
Required Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
• Considerable experience as a UX/Interaction Designer
• Experience in eCommerce, ideally using Salesforce Commerce Cloud (SFCC), Shopify or BigCommerce
• Bachelor’s degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science (CS), or related field
• Expert with Figma, Adobe XD and/or Sketch.
• Thorough understanding of mobile and responsive design.
• Strong understanding of Ecommerce UX best practices
• Solid foundation in usability and accessibility standards.
• Working knowledge of visual design, psychology of design, journey mapping, contextual research, and storytelling
• Passion to evangelize and create best practices and standards in design and UX processes
• Experience collaborating with Product Management and Engineering counterparts, and experience working with collaborators across time zones
• Strong portfolio of design projects
• Strong attention to detail and comfortable working in rapid iteration
Please include a link to your portfolio in your application.
We awaken the spirit of freedom and adventure by connecting boardriders around the world. We are the world’s leading action sports and lifestyle company with a global portfolio of brands. We’re a team of 7,500 like-minded souls protecting what we love. The smell of the ocean. The sounds of the city you know so well. The perfect slope. The perfect wave. The perfect game. Ultimate freedom.
We lead with integrity and passion, we build an inclusive community, we protect our playgrounds and we play to win.
We are Quiksilver, Billabong, Roxy, RVCA, DC Shoes, Element, VonZipper, Honolua. We are BOARDRIDERS.
“Boardriders is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer including: Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans”
Posted 1 month agoApply for this job
Is your resume getting lost in the pile? Get a free resume review and put your best foot forward!Upgrade your resume